Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 2nd February 2013, 01:49 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
The cliff edge is where you'll find me. Taking the risks, dreaming the dreams"

Sound familiar ????????

It does to me.
A LEMMING.
I thought about it as well myself on occasions Barny.
Old 2nd February 2013, 02:38 PM

Well, you convinced me. I will push on with the series. I have grown a set and have three bets lined up two at Rosehill and Race 8 in Brisbane.

First bet today is Rosehill R4 No 4 Al's Gold.

Pete
Old 2nd February 2013, 03:04 PM

moeee and Star, it's one of Arthur Daley's most famous lines. He was running short of cash, everything was going wrong, so he ran a darts tournament and backed the winner to get himself out of one big hole. That little speech he gave is right up there with the best that Shakespeare ever had to offer. You are a Minder fan Star? moeee, if you ever need inspiration just watch an episode or two of Minder! Re; Lemmings .... when you're going over that well known cliff moeee keep your elbows in 'coz I don't need a black eye on my way down!!! lol
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:30 PM
Banned

Star, as I pointed out somewhere else recently you would be much better off chasing prices rather than chasing losses by increasing stakes. Psychology will get you in the end as your stake magnifies. Your $44 winner would have sustained 44 losses without loss at level stakes and your run of outs was much less so you would have made a profit on the sequence probably with fewer bets and a lot less anguish. A 10% strike rate gives a 95% of getting a winner in 30 races.
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny72
Star, as I pointed out somewhere else recently you would be much better off chasing prices rather than chasing losses by increasing stakes. Psychology will get you in the end as your stake magnifies.
I would have to second that, Gunny. The operator often fails before the recovery method. Some people may succeed with loss chasing methods but I'm not a fan.
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:40 PM
Banned

Star, as I pointed out somewhere else recently you would be much better off chasing prices rather than increasing stakes to chase losses. Psychology will get you in the end as your stakes magnify. Your $44 winner would have sustained 44 losses without loss at level stakes and your run of outs was much less so you would have made a profit on the sequence probably with fewer bets and a lot less anguish. By the way, a run of up to about 45 outs can be expected with a 10% SR in 99 out of 100 sequences.
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:44 PM
Banned

Sorry about the repetition. Too many reds after winning today has made my hand unsteady.
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Star, as I pointed out somewhere else recently you would be much better off chasing prices rather than chasing losses by increasing stakes. Psychology will get you in the end as your stake magnifies. Your $44 winner would have sustained 44 losses without loss at level stakes and your run of outs was much less so you would have made a profit on the sequence probably with fewer bets and a lot less anguish. A 10% strike rate gives a 95% of getting a winner in 30 races.

Thanks Gunny I need all the advise I can get at the moment.

It's unfortunate that we cannot PM each other here, because while what we might want to discuss a subject in a civilised manner it can sometimes become, what we all know is true here, " Inflammated "

Their's that word for the month again. I had to work it in here some how.

Pete
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Sorry about the repetition. Too many reds after winning today has made my hand unsteady.

Have a few more Gunny as I am enjoying our conversation.

Pete.
Old 3rd February 2013, 06:57 PM
Banned

Star, I sincerely believe that level staking is the only sound approach, both mathematically and psychologically. Of course if you get enough winners like your $44 one you can increase the level of your level staking when your profit is high enough.

I do like the fact that you score longshots because I think it is the only type of system worth following. I pass on short priced selections. It takes a lot of $3 winners to make $44 or the $24.50 I got on one of my two winners on Sat.