Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Archive > Online Poker Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th July 2005, 05:10 PM

Default Party Poker Questions

Has anyone else noticed strange things at party poker?

Since i withdrew money from my account my past 1500 or so hands have been discraceful and full of bad beats. Every decent hand i get is always beaten no matter what it is.

My full houses get beaten by 4 of a kind. My 3ok gets beaten by full houses and so on. I have all my hand logs for the past week and have just emailed party poker. I know poker is a fair bit of luck aswell as good play but damn i've never know so many bad beats in such a short time. Its happening that often its becoming predictable.
Old 21st July 2005, 11:18 AM

Ad another hand. 5Hands into a tourn and the only hand i played i flopped a straight went all in and got beaten by a flush when 4 diamonds showed up on the board. This is just happeneing to often to just be bad luck.
Old 21st July 2005, 04:33 PM

Racingnovice,

Have just joined, will keep an eye out. However i am not as brave as you as i don't play for real money - don't trust computer dealer, prefer to see the sneaky SOB in the flesh!

Old 21st July 2005, 04:33 PM

And again this is total crap. 9 hands into a tourn 1st hand played again i had K high flush and got beaten by full house.

This is happening every ************ hand i play now since i took money out of my account.
Old 21st July 2005, 04:37 PM

No money involved - why worry?

Old 21st July 2005, 04:40 PM

There is money involved. I just emailed party poker with a demand for answers. I can understand bad beats every now and then but every hand and always the first hand played comon? It's happened for over a week now.
Old 21st July 2005, 04:45 PM

Sorry, i thought you had withdrawn all your money. In that case i don't know what to say. Hows about playing with "Play Money" for a while to see if there is any change in your fortunes. I don't doubt what you are saying, it's just i find it hard to believe they would be so obviously stupid.

Old 19th August 2005, 08:25 AM

It's just bad luck. Because there has been a bad run in the past doesn't mean the next 20 hands or whatever will give you a good run. What has happened in the pasr does not count.
Old 19th August 2005, 01:58 PM

Hi HILLBILLY,

Don't get me wrong i am not referring to any particular time i have lost, bad beat etc. Just an observation made from an article that was written is all.
Old 17th January 2006, 11:31 AM

All this talk about rigged games etc!

It's simple really, you don't go all in unless you know your hand is UNBEATABLE - especially with real money!

There is always a chance that someone will have a better hand than you, especially with a full table, and especially if your hand is not UNBEATABLE.

You can try your luck with a very good hand when the odds are in your favour, but you have to be prepared to be beaten.

Every example listed by the thread starter was an example of a beatable hand.

The odds of being beaten are increased because of the number of players holding cards at an online table.

This is exactly the reason why I only play with a maximum of four other players.

It increases the chances of a strong hand winning, but I can lose unless my hand is unbeatable.

I've seen the bluffers come and go, they get away with it a few times, but ultimately they cop it from someone with a better hand. I'll let a bluffer get the best of me for a few hands, and then bankrupt them when I have an unbeatable hand
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg

Last edited by Chrome Prince : 17th January 2006 at 11:33 AM.