Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th November 2014, 06:24 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
Cheap fella. Spring for some Crownies at least

C'mon Wally, he might live in WA, like you. Think about the freight costs? He's already got the Excel Gold Cup sitting on his mantelpiece. I'll see what I can organise.
Old 13th November 2014, 06:33 AM

Whenever I have a new idea I will always ensure that my simulations are completed using a statistically representative sample data pool. That step alone is a challenge in itself.

There are a lot of interesting ideas in this forum, from the very obscure, to the simplistic to the very creative - all of which provide food for thought. I hope people will punch through a significant number of simulations prior to placing their hard earned.

It will be interesting to see your results after more trials. Good luck!
Old 13th November 2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playlife
Whenever I have a new idea I will always ensure that my simulations are completed using a statistically representative sample data pool. That step alone is a challenge in itself.

There are a lot of interesting ideas in this forum, from the very obscure, to the simplistic to the very creative - all of which provide food for thought. I hope people will punch through a significant number of simulations prior to placing their hard earned.

The driving force behind a forum such as this is to present "interesting ideas in this forum, from the very obscure, to the simplistic to the very creative - all of which provide food for thought" from inception so that others can benefit and contribute with the aim of developing (or debunking) horse racing systems.
To formulate, then test and present a working system complete with supporting data as you propose will never happen.
This is an incubation site where ideas are presented and grown with contribution of many. The learned, the sages, the gurus, the average joeblow, the newbie and the naive, They all contribute. Some revelations come from the latter presenting a new look on old chestnuts.

"I hope people will punch through a significant number of simulations prior to placing their hard earned." sound advice and I hope so too. The ideas and systems presented are pointers to consider only. We are not here to protect people from themselves. If someone takes the information presented and uses it with out self verification then it is on their head.

Thanks for your post and I hope that when you have a new idea that you need help on, that you will post and ask for help.
Old 13th November 2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
Furthermore this could only be done with Betfair as the oncourse flucs are a result of human manipulation.

Interested in this... do you think the manipulation of on course flucs is by the bookies or the punters?
Old 13th November 2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredTheMug
Interested in this... do you think the manipulation of on course flucs is by the bookies or the punters?
Out of context. I was stating that this method could only truly be used with Betfair. Maybe I should have said Human adjustment. The betfair prices are a result of the market. Two people agreeing to a price subject to the prices being offered. That acceptance does not affect any other price. Whereas if a on course bookie suddenly gets an interest in a horse, he adjusts the market to compensate. Not only does this affect the horse in question, he adjusts some or all the other horses.
Old 13th November 2014, 01:00 PM

Makes sense, thanks. I guess in a quiet/early market only the shortening on-course flucs are signals of activity.
Old 13th November 2014, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playlife

Hi Playlife, nice to see a new name appear of late. I agree with everything Beton's said. You'll never ever see the results of using this method, or variation thereof, published by me anyway. Apart from forum members, there are 10 times more site visitors from anywhere and everywhere in the world, all hoping to pick up an idea. The ideas are here for everyone to read, not many prepared to put in the time to chase them though. I often use the word "shhh!!" in my posts. It's not so much to disguise something, it's more a salute, that by this time tomorrow, that post will be buried by the shifting sands and long forgotten. Going back through the archives here will enlighten and improve anyone's punting skills.

As you interact with others on this site you'll eventually build up relationships and be invited to correspond directly with them and vice versa. Personally, the posts I publish would only amount to 10% of direct emails to other forumites. If you only knew, it would stagger you, the amount of time, effort and money spent on developing methods and systems, all underground, to what appears on this and likeminded forums.

Keep up the interest and you'll reap the rewards....or maybe we'll reap the rewards from knowing you?
Cheers