Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 23rd May 2004, 06:49 PM
Suspended

Well done Goldmember on Bulldogs s/o and Hawthorn at the line.
I'll be watching you carefully now.And I'll also take you on in Primo's post.
How 'bout you Sportznut?.
Prepared to have a go?.I'll stick up for you if anyone tries to make you feel like a goose in any way.

Mo.

Old 23rd May 2004, 06:59 PM
Banned

only won on the bulldogs 1-39, would have won on the on hawthorn if i followed sportz advice on the line though,are you putting your tips in now, i did it for fun because its too early to pick now. have a go now and we'll see next week who's the closest.

cheers
Old 24th May 2004, 03:00 PM

Sandgroper,
Watched the game sobre the next day...heaps of seats..turns out my brother (supposed to get tickets) and friends wanted to watch the S12 rugby final than go to the game...rugby nuts! Personally, I'm a leaguey!

Didn't back the Dockers but took the Brumbies on the line (-7.5) a few anxious moments with the last kick WHEW!

After the Eagles poor game in the weekend, reckon will see the bounce back come into play at Subi...what do ya reckon Sand and Sports? Or anyone else for that matter!
Old 25th May 2004, 12:28 AM
Member.

Yeah, the bounce back factor could certainly come into play here. I do favour the West Coast to win this week.

By the way, what about Port Adelaide? That was a perfect example of a team bouncing back when getting back to their home ground. Totally thrashed one week in Melbourne, then they go back to Adelaide and win by about the same margin.
Old 25th May 2004, 09:59 AM
Suspended

Quote:
On 2004-05-24 15:00, Desi wrote:

After the Eagles poor game in the weekend, reckon will see the bounce back come into play at Subi...what do ya reckon Sand and Sports? Or anyone else for that matter!

The bounce factor?
Geez,I gotta learn the lingo.
Thanks Sportz,Ithought he was talking about the injuries to ruckmen!

Cheers Mo.
Old 25th May 2004, 10:50 AM
Member.

Well, I use the term 'bounce back factor', but I don't think it's actually part of the official punting 'lingo', so I can understand you not knowing what it meant.

Bounce back factor - when a team puts in a really below par effort one week and gets thrashed, they very often lift themselves to pull off a good win the following week. This especially applies when they are going from an away game to a home game. That was the case with Port Adelaide last week and it's the case with West Coast this week. Let's see what happens.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-05-25 10:59 ]
Old 25th May 2004, 11:10 AM
Suspended

"bounce back factor"

Is that the same bounce back factor where teams who play away in WA,get thrashed then come home and get thrashed again or is that the "bounce back,but not from WA,factor"?
What about the "bounce back after you get spat at factor.
Gee,if only my memory was better I could find hundreds of bounce back factors.

Mo.
Old 25th May 2004, 11:35 AM
Member.

Quote:
On 2004-05-25 11:10, moeee wrote:
Is that the same bounce back factor where teams who play away in WA,get thrashed then come home and get thrashed again

That's the 'Subiaco Syndrome'. :lol: Yeah, I did pretty well last year betting against teams that had played in Perth the week before, but it just doesn't seem to be as important this year. Most teams have managed to come back east and perform pretty well.

I certainly don't suggest that you blindly bet on every single team that gets thrashed away one week and is playing at home the next. It's just that sometimes they do prove to be very good value. Case in point was Port last week. And no, I wasn't smart enough to back them.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-05-25 11:37 ]