Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th March 2004, 06:28 PM

Mr J,
Thanks for the breakdown and review posted in other topic forum...I reckon that I will have to decide before this weekend who I think will fill the 3rd? and 4th spots cos the prices will definitely drop by Monday!

Personally, the Highlanders v Chiefs and Blues v Warratahs will be important games for possibly clarifying who might be the dark horse.

Not sure that the Crusaders have it altogether to beat a very strong and cohesive unit like the Brumbies (all their stars are on fire at present) but is definitely the game that Canterbury have to win if they have any true chance of staking a claim! The Crusaders were not that convincing last weekend against an indifferent H'landers (who seem to lack direction- fly halves not quite gelling) but they are looking on the improve and if all their main players lift their game- its going to be a hell of a match!

I am picking the Chiefs to win or come close at the House of Pain. Their forwards have improved in leaps and bounds and their half-first five combination is gaining confidence. What they lack in star quality is replaced by a good work ethic, a great team plan and game and a balanced squad. Whether that is enough to get them to the final 4...not so sure.

Your (and Sportsnut's) stats have been excellent background details Mr J...keep up the great work! Go the Chiefs! LOL!
Old 29th March 2004, 06:35 PM
Banned

You're right it's do or die for a number of teams. Motivation might play a big part this weekend.