Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th November 2007, 10:24 AM

ok. now down to about 15 horses. now what?
Old 4th November 2007, 10:47 AM
Banned

I'm down to 4 winnings chances

Blue Monday
Zipping
Master O'Reilly
Purple Moon

and 6 other place chances

Gallic
Efficient
Maybe Better
The Fuzz
Eskimo Queen
Princess Coup
Old 4th November 2007, 11:33 AM
Suspended.

Between dead and slow the track manager reckons.
Old 4th November 2007, 12:12 PM

Exclamation

Early Thoughts lean me towards

Zipping > Master O Reilly
> Purple Moon, Princess Coup, Sculptor, Maybe Better
> The Fuzz, Mahler, Sirmione and any other horse
Old 4th November 2007, 12:47 PM
Banned

Omen tip is, Maybe Better

Colours: Yellow + Black = Jockey: Brown

Depends on what the track ends up, but i'm looking towards Blue Monday , Maybe better, Zipping and Bluetigeroo to win from Purple Moon and Princess Coup
Old 4th November 2007, 01:06 PM

couldn't get the master in your top 6 goldie ???
Old 4th November 2007, 01:07 PM

Hi all,

Any comment on the race pattern?. Who will lead and who are the back comer?. Do chip in your thought. Thanks.
Old 4th November 2007, 02:06 PM

This race is starting to look interesting the question is can Master O'Reilly handle a 2.5kgs rise in the weights from the Caulfield Cup compared to everyone else he met in that race, As impressive as the win was there were some excuses for the chasers and that is a nice turn around in weight out to 2 miles.

Purple Moon: looks very hard to beat as far as I am concerned his trainer is world class and by all reports he is flying got the right jockey on board as well as he usually gives a good ride in this race.

Maybe Better: He looks dour enough and the rain around won't hurt him but I must admitt I am going to find it real hard to back him I keep finding excuses for this bloke and at this point a bet on him on tuesday will be nothing more than a nice saver bet plain and simply I have ridden along this far might aswell follow to the final hurdle stranger things have happened.

Blutigeroo: I like this bloke here I know he ran in the Sydney Cup and was beaten but he has been trained for this trip this time around not to mention from memory I believe he loves it wet (I could be wrong) either way he is as good a roughie as there is in this I feel.

Sirmione: Can't believe I am saying this but he is not out of this drops beautifully in weight and is improving atleast yesterday was a shock tuesday won't be for me, he most likely will start unders however because of the Cummings factor so he will be included in multiples but that is about as far as it goes for me also likes the cut out.

Efficient: I still feel that he is a better chance than Zipping maybe I am nuts but he is more dour and will stick out the trip I consider Zipping a doubt of doing that, a bit of rain doesn't hurt his chances either another I have felt was right in this from he start not going to leave him out now.

Master O'Reilly: I know he won the Caulfield Cup but the penalties he has gotten just might catch up with him here, one thing to say here as with most races this spring expect the unexpected cause it has happened in nearly every major race.

This are not my final picks just quickly going over some that I like I am entertaining Mahler, Blue Monday, Gallic among others I just want to sit down and review some races and form before I get to crazy will post again either tomorrow or tuesday.

The Leaders in the race will most likely be Mahler, Tungsten Strike? (I don't know someone had mentioned that he can take up a position), Sculptor & Lazer Sharp wouldn't completely shock either in a race like this there will be speed from somewhere eventually I do expect Mahler to hit the lead though.
Old 4th November 2007, 02:20 PM

I backed Purple Moon before it ran in the CC and i got a very healthy price im now worrying with the state of the track it could possibly be slow by tuesday and i know for a fact that Purple moon doesnt really like it wet all his runs O/S have been on firm going and the one run on Soft was unplaced. It wouldnt surprise me to see a 15-1 or higher win as nothing really stands out. I have learnt that CC form over the years is the best lead up race but im still not convinced with MOR win. Try On a Jeune,Efficient,and Gallic as roughies although i will be cheering loud on Purple Moon!!
Old 4th November 2007, 02:45 PM
Banned

Spar, just my gut feeling tells me that he's won his race, the CC,[impressive as he was] Maldivian and Eskimo Queen scratched at the barriers, the race just opened right up for him,doubt if he get a run like that again