Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th December 2002, 05:20 PM

I am wanting to know if you have any thoughts on steel prince to morrow in the first race at ascot.Has not had a trial so it is hard to get a guide on were he is at fitness wise .Also no blinkers have been put on so hard to know it their trying or does this trainer like to start his horses fresh.Also tapdog hard to get a line on how good he is as i am in qld do you think he will measure up to city class thoughts would be great mate thanks.
Old 21st December 2002, 09:33 AM

G’day the prince, how is sunny QLD? Been ************ hot over here past few days, might have a really hot one for Cup day. Let’s hope not!

I have rated Steel Prince one of the top chances, on assumption he is primed and ready. Being trained by Neville Parnham, likely to be ready for a first-up assault. Has not worn blinkers to-date at only 3 starts, for a 1st , 2nd & 4th , so wouldn’t let that worry you. Has pace to be up near the lead, so barrier 9 should not be a problem. Is a fairly open race though, with some 6 genuine chances.

Tapdog was scratched from Geraldton on Thursday to race at Ascot. Only lightly raced but does look above average. All nine starts (for six wins) have been at Geraldton – a few hours drive north of Perth. Two starts back from a spell (1300m & 1600m) is ideally suited by the step up in distance. Top hoop onboard. I have no ratings for this horse, however he did defeat Sir Donald in the Geraldton Cup (2100m) back in April – allowing for the weight difference and winning margin, Sir Donald would be a top chance in today’s race, which would suggest Tapdog would be likewise. Also Tapdog has finished in front of Fujiama at their last couple of meetings. I have rated Fujiama as a genuine (value) chance in this race, which again suggests Tapdog should measure up.

Good Luck.

Sandgroper :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: Sandgroper on 2002-12-21 09:34 ]