Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 21st August 2014, 03:49 PM

There's only a couple of bookmakers that will still take bets from long term winners. Pinnacblebet will join them very shortly - that should be interesting.
Old 21st August 2014, 03:56 PM
Banned

Yeah uh ha

But for how long ?

Are they coveting their bets or ours ?

And that is the answer, when can you get your payouts without the paperwork ?

If your in biz to make money why wouldn't you cover your losses appropriately ?

So who determines winning bets appropriately ?

Maybe the place tote will disappear ???
Old 21st August 2014, 03:59 PM

I don't know, I never use tote.
Old 21st August 2014, 04:08 PM
Banned

And so what do you use ?
Old 21st August 2014, 04:13 PM
Banned

reminded me of an old mate at a pub tab that used to double down on keno heads or tails until he won or went broke, plenty of times they would pay him the $1000 win by cheque even though almost all of that $1000 was the money he had just used to double down!

would call out the manager each time & go through the same rigmarole, security reasons blah blah they dont pay cash above certain limits.

i would just sit there drink my beer & laugh at em all.
Old 21st August 2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
I do feel a little more confident with this reply from Racing NSW.
The question was regarding current accounts that have been restricted or closed.

Dear Mr M,

As you are aware the effective date of the Minimum Bet Limits under Racing NSW’s Race Field Information Use Approval Standard Conditions attached to the Wagering Operator’s approval, is the 1st September 2014.

The Standard Conditions includes Clauses which specifies that an Approved Wagering Operator cannot refuse to open a betting account or cannot close a betting account to avoid compliance with the Minimum Bet Limits.

If on or after the 1 September 2014 you are unable to open a betting account you may refer the matter to Racing NSW for review through the Complaints process which will be operating from that date.

Hi Mark

In reference to your post, two of the largest corporates that I won't name will allow you to open an account but allowing you to bet is another thing. At least that is the inside feedback that I'm getting.

Paul Daily - Ratings2Win Pty Ltd (Director)
R2W Axis - Axis is Australia's leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate performance ratings that include Hong Kong.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/
Old 21st August 2014, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat123
There's only a couple of bookmakers that will still take bets from long term winners. Pinnacblebet will join them very shortly - that should be interesting.

I'm trying to use logic as to why Pinnacle is going to be your saviour Pat. They are going to attract all the pro punters and arbers right? So they'll all be winning more than lose, right? So where's the coin coming from to pay them. A lot of people need to be losing. They're all the recreational punters, right? What makes you think they'll ignore the massive advertising, bonuses, incentives that they are bombarded with in every form of media, that the bookie/tote juggernaut sponsors , and drop that for Pinnacle?

Pinnacle's advertising budget would be minuscule in comparison. I can't make a case for the business model.
Old 21st August 2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinconpaul
I'm trying to use logic as to why Pinnacle is going to be your saviour Pat. They are going to attract all the pro punters and arbers right?

I couldn't agree more. Taking on all the pros means that they'll be just as sharp as Betfair. Any arbs between Betfair and Pinnacle will be for pennies, so you'd still need a regular, un-sharp bookie to take the other side without banning you.

Pat have you tried arbing sports on Pinnacle UK?
Old 21st August 2014, 09:00 PM

The money will come from the inbuilt 2% edge and their fixed prices will enable them to lay off any liability on Betfair. They will also be controlling this just as they do with the sports markets.
Showing how much is available to bet at the current odds and working from there.
They are also offering all the traditional bookies products.
At only 2% takeout, why wouldn't a lot of Betfair users move across as well.
Word travels fast in the bookie game, you don't need to advertise if you have a better product unless it's to attract mugs.
I remember first hearing about Betfair long before I saw any banner ad or commercial and certainly before they hit Australian shores.
If they don't ban short term winners, they will certainly get a reputation and attract those which are still losers, but cannot get a bet on because of one or two lucky bets.
*RaceCensus now updated to 29/02/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg

Last edited by Chrome Prince : 21st August 2014 at 09:04 PM.