Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 31st October 2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmip1
Useless post. Noone else knew it was rated at $19. Doesn't count ...still no credibility.

Actually, it was rated at $2.00. The $19.00 was available fixed odds from the bookie.
Old 31st October 2010, 05:23 PM

Those who post on any internet forum fall into one of a few groups:

1. Those searching for an edge who are trying systems and they provide rules and selections before races. Michaelg falls into this group and I respect him for what he puts out there. I run tests on his selections methods and try to help him out where ever possible. He is a genuine good guy on the forum.

2. Others want to build up their ego who are not secure in their selections and who are not yet financially setup by backing their selections. These people come and go on the forum and usually stir up a lot of trouble. They are usually very defensive on their selections and come up with excuses on why the selection did not count such as the elusive "it was not value" when it loses. They may or may not have weird and wonderful staking.

3. People who love racing and love to talk racing and selections. They are very open about losing and are open to suggestions on ways to pick winners. They are in it for the fun and would prefer to back So you think at $1.10 to win the Melb cup because its about saying you were on the horse you love.

4. People who pop in time to time who do a lot of punting and are making a good amount out of racing. They like to come and help out others where possible but generally don't hang around too long as they are too busy punting or researching a new idea.

All us fit into it somewhere ... only over time can you decide where someone fits. Sometimes pinpointing the type of person is a lot quicker.
Old 31st October 2010, 05:31 PM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedle
The $19.00 was available fixed odds from the bookie.
I don't want to get involved in the actual conversations in this thread but I would be really be appreciative if you could post which bookie had it at $19 as that is massive overs to any other bookie and I would like to sign up for an account.

Thanks in advance.
Old 31st October 2010, 05:39 PM

peterpan

You are just going by the track flucs.

Look at the corporates.
Old 31st October 2010, 05:44 PM

Peterpan Im not sure if Im allowed to mention bookies on this forum. The home tote's fixed odds arm was offering $19.
Old 31st October 2010, 06:00 PM

It was unitab fixed odds. You could ge better elsewhere (including the sponsors of this site).
Old 31st October 2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
It was unitab fixed odds. You could ge better elsewhere (including the sponsors of this site).

Wesmip1,

As you are not yet at the level I am talking about, you would probably not be aware of this. However, there are certain bookmakers that do not accept the business of long-term winning punters or do not accept decent sized bets from these punters.

So the place you are talking about would probably have accepted your bet on the horse in question, but not from other punters.

But having said all that, $19 was the best fixed price anywhere.
Old 31st October 2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Those who post on any internet forum fall into one of a few groups:

1. Those searching for an edge who are trying systems and they provide rules and selections before races. Michaelg falls into this group and I respect him for what he puts out there. I run tests on his selections methods and try to help him out where ever possible. He is a genuine good guy on the forum.

2. Others want to build up their ego who are not secure in their selections and who are not yet financially setup by backing their selections. These people come and go on the forum and usually stir up a lot of trouble. They are usually very defensive on their selections and come up with excuses on why the selection did not count such as the elusive "it was not value" when it loses. They may or may not have weird and wonderful staking.

3. People who love racing and love to talk racing and selections. They are very open about losing and are open to suggestions on ways to pick winners. They are in it for the fun and would prefer to back So you think at $1.10 to win the Melb cup because its about saying you were on the horse you love.

4. People who pop in time to time who do a lot of punting and are making a good amount out of racing. They like to come and help out others where possible but generally don't hang around too long as they are too busy punting or researching a new idea.

All us fit into it somewhere ... only over time can you decide where someone fits. Sometimes pinpointing the type of person is a lot quicker.

wesmip1,

It's very hard to try and categorise people on a forum. But more to the point, why would anyone even try to?

There is really only 2 categories you should care about as a punter.

1) Long-term winning punter

or

2) Long-term losing punter (this includes break even punters)

If you put as much effort into learning about the true meaning of "value" as you did those silly categories above, your punting would be much the better for it.
Old 31st October 2010, 07:11 PM
Suspended.

Thank you
TheNeedle you have done a brilliant job for me whilst I was cruising the Tasman, mate you should have seen the lovelies I had on the Launch with me, anyway thanks again matey for massively building my empire whilst away. I owe you mate, next crusie on me.
Old 31st October 2010, 07:31 PM

Post deleted. You posted that you deliberately set out to "stir a bit of trouble" on this Forum. In addition, you shouted and flamed. Suspended for two days. Please take note of the posting guidelines. Thanks.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 31st October 2010 at 07:57 PM.