Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st July 2004, 02:22 PM

Hi ya mate sorry was away for a few days.

Originally i was only betting on doubles to win but aftermy big win this week istarted doubles for the place too so i was lucky and had a small win and an overall small profit. I am looking at something lkike if they are $30 to win or less to take that golfer win only if they are paying over $30 then i will take a place double too.

Example today.....

In the us they only tip players to place only so they are all ever $30 so i will win and place them into Europe they tip cabrera who is $15 so he will only be picked to win the same for hansen who is $28 but Ohern is paying $34 so i will win and place him in my doubles got that ok.

Its a bit wild but at least i am getting trhe value and if 2 golfers place at under $30 i wont be missing out on much. What i am looking to do is slowly build my betting up where i will eventually hopefully have 3 golfers in the us and 3 in europe going for a $10,000 collect every week for one year. I know they will get at least 1 double up and after that well qwho knows what i might be able to win. I know trhis is a bit risky but i am not going to lose very much money in trying,Hope this is helpful to you mate.
Old 1st July 2004, 03:01 PM
Member.

Okay, yeah it's wierd that last week I was thinking that I'm too cautious just backing golfers to finish in the top 5, and this week Tour-tips are doing the same thing. They're probably wary of Tiger Woods. He's won here 3 times before including last year.
Old 1st July 2004, 03:30 PM

Yeh i agree with the tiger factor and i guess he is over due for a win but gee he is unders for mine. I dont mind the place betting if they are over 7.50 any shorter and i guess you are struggling a bit to win. But anyway the past two weeks have been very good and lets hope that they can make it 3/3 for the doubles which is no mean feat considering the amount of golfers that start each week.
Old 2nd July 2004, 08:40 AM
Member.

Well, I actually forgot to put any bets on before the first round started. The 3 players they picked were all showing $8 to finish top 5. Now, Ames is in equal 3rd place with a 67, so he definitely won't be $8 now. More like $3. The other two players are further back, but still not out of it.

I see Nick O'Hern's fine form has continued in Europe too, so you're looking good.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-07-02 08:41 ]
Old 3rd July 2004, 01:19 PM

Hi ya sportz.

Well was looking ok after 1st round but not so good after the 2nd. Problem with ohern is he is so probable i wish they betted on pars then id win a fortune id just back ohern all year!!! Any way all hope is not over yet and well as they say ....its not over till the fat lady sings....but i think i can hear her humming....lmao

Regards

Breadman
Old 4th July 2004, 02:44 PM
Member.

You're still looking pretty good right now.

I just knew I would regret not getting my bet on Stephen Ames. He's been playing so well lately and looks ready to win tomorrow. O'Hern's still got a chance in Europe too.
Old 5th July 2004, 08:20 AM

Hey sportz,

Yeh great win by ames pity i didnt have a tenner on him at 80's As far as ohern goes he does seem to find it hard to put together 4 straight rounds of under pars he is very good at pars but you need those consistent under pars to feature in tournaments. Anyway still very happy with their selections and im sure i will have a profit this year on them im just hoping for 1 or 2 more doubles to make it a really big year!!! We will see what happens in the future.

Take care mate

Breadman

Old 18th July 2004, 07:40 AM
Member.

I wish I'd gone with my own thoughts instead of the tips this week. I personally liked Els, Goosen and Mickelson for the top 5 at the British Open, but after looking at the tips, I decided to back Els, Love and Garcia. Garcia was very disappointing.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-07-18 07:40 ]