Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Archive > AFL Australian Rules Football Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th June 2006, 06:46 PM

Thumbs down west coast????

after geelongs great performance at home a few weeks ago. now the west coast???? what going on. how much money has been put on the west coast to win this game on the handicap of -481/2??? i suspect an absolute fortune. now i ask how can a team like carlton do what they are doing tonight??? either they saw their price and thought well lets play good footy for once this year or has the jolly green giant made a phone call to west coasts management or coach??? i wonder. i really do wonder. by the way i havent a bet on this game althougth i was thinking about carlton on the line because of the big margin and top teams seem to go easy on lower teams late in games. but to see whats happening here must have you thinking?? anyone else got an opinion on this game? please let me know. another thought being that you couldnt possibly think either geelong or west coast winning the flag this year, could you?
Old 11th June 2006, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadman
how much money has been put on the west coast to win this game on the handicap of -48 1/2??? i suspect an absolute fortune.

Anybody that did has pretty much got what they deserve in my opinion. As I've said on here before, I basically NEVER back teams giving up a start, and I would certainly never even think of backing a team giving up an 8 goal start. As far as I'm concerned, if you think the favourites will win but their price is too short, simply forget about the game, don't look for a better price by taking them at the line.
Old 11th June 2006, 07:10 PM

Wink totally agree

not that i bet on aussie sports that much, but i have to agree with you after i learned the hard way. i like to set my prices and back them to win and save if they get the points start. very hard competition at the best of times let alone giving away huge starts. maybe what people should be doing is trying to think like the players. they are after the win and thats that. most of them couldnt give a brass razoo how much they win by.

cheers breadman
Old 11th June 2006, 07:11 PM

As it is, it looks like West Coast is going to come back and get up in the last few minutes like they did against Geelong. Hardly very convincing though.
Old 11th June 2006, 07:15 PM

Cool true

yeh they have come back well, and guess what the win price eased from 1.04 to 1.05 yet the margin was hammered??? maybe those people should come here and listen to you sportz. anyway personally i wont be backing geelong or west coast to win the flag this year. now all i have to do is find who to back!! hehehe.. tough comp this year
Old 11th June 2006, 07:16 PM

I had aabout 5 heart attacks in the last half hour. I did put a lot on west coast and really thought I had lost it all. Im still in shock..

i got the odds 1.07
Old 11th June 2006, 07:17 PM

Whats going to happen when west coast get it together and play a full game? I'd be scared if i was a team coming up against them lol.
Old 11th June 2006, 07:22 PM

Smile well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz
I had aabout 5 heart attacks in the last half hour. I did put a lot on west coast and really thought I had lost it all. Im still in shock..

i got the odds 1.07

well done mate. i think it was the margin that they were playing against. i think sportz said it all. dont take big margins. you got the cash and thats what counts!
Old 11th June 2006, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz

i got the odds 1.07

$1.07

$10=$10.70
$100=$107
$1000=$1070
$10000=$10700
Old 11th June 2006, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz

i got the odds 1.07

$1.07

$10=$10.70
$100=$107
$1000=$1070
$10000=$10700
$100000=$107000

Jesus Oz you must have some spare cash lying around