Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th September 2004, 02:38 PM
Banned

But Sportz they can't. The number 3 is HUGE, and an extra half point can create alot of value.

Rabbitz, my advice was to buy the half point when you're on the or around the 3.

E.g, when your team is at -3, if you can buy onto the -2.5 for 20 cents or less, do so.

When your team is at +3, if you can buy onto the +3.5 for 20 cents or less, do so

When your team is at +2.5, if you can buy onto the +3 for 20 cents then do so.

When your team is at -3.5, if you can buy onto the -3 for 20 cents, do so.

Your standard price in american odds is -110. This is the same as 1.91. When buying 20 cents, your price in US odds moves from
-110 to -130 (20 cents). In decimal odds, you are buying from 1.91 to 1.77.

SO, when looking to buy that extra half point, make sure the book never charges more than -130 or $1.77.

This is ONLY when buying on/off the 3.

You should also buy on/off the 7,14 and 17, but only if they charge you 10 cents or less. E.g, buy from +7 to +7.5, from -14.5 to -14 etc.

This is only the beginning when it comes to buying points in the NFL, great value around.

Also, there are plenty of books offering a free half point, most only on certain days of the week though. Great news here is that you don't need to buy points, you get them for free.
Old 24th January 2005, 01:44 PM

Smile

So how has everybody gone with NFL futures bets this year? I'm feeling pretty good at the moment because my two biggest bets were on New England at $7.50 and Philadelphia at $8.50 and they've both made it through to the big one. I also had a smaller bet on Seattle at $15 but after a good start, they didn't do nearly as well as I thought they would. Good when things work out like this. Makes up for all the stuff-ups.

Last edited by Sportz : 24th January 2005 at 01:52 PM.
Old 25th January 2005, 04:03 PM
Former Member

Gday all. Haven't been punting much, just waiting for the AFL to restart!!
Hope ur cleaning up on those dishlickers Mo. I havent bought one yet but have been learning a fair bit.
I backed Indy to win the Superbowl, early on, but the Pat's put an ugly end to that.
Well done Sportz. It's lovely when you can't lose watching a sporting event.
Expect the Pat's to be too good, but as I learnt with the Power this year, maybe the fact that they are finally in the big one all their nerves will be diminished and they can break free in the big one. Would like there chances a lot more if Terrell Owens wasn't injured though