Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 18th September 2013, 12:45 PM

Default Backing Overlay/Underlay

Hi all,

As its been quiet here I figured i'd pose this question while I'm working on my final ratings spreadsheet. So far i've looked at 200 races with my ratings and been checking out various filters to see what is in profit and whats not for backing my top 2 raters.

What i've found is that certain underlay/overlay ranges are by far the most profitable. Now I understand that 200 races is a very small sample size and I need to do further research, but here is my query:

How can I back my rated runners between a specific price range for each runner without being infront of my PC to do so.

i.e.

Lets say I have a top rater that I rate as a $4.00 chance. I want to only back it if its within a 0.80 to 1.30 underlay/overlay range (i.e. $3.20 to $5.20).

What is the absolute simplest way to achieve this? Ideally it would be a very simple BOT that allowed me to pick all my selections at the start of the day and set the price ranges for each selection.

Any ideas, suggestions etc etc are all welcome. After some further testing I might try a live test on the forum for a month and see if I can make a profit over the space of a month.

The testing i've done so far showed a 77 unit profit over the space of 2 weeks just by betting my overlay range and doubling the bet between a certain distance range.
Old 18th September 2013, 02:01 PM

Hi evajb001

BF Bot Manager v2 will let you do that. They would be classed as user bets. All you would have to do is tick user bets only, go to each race, tick the fav column on the left of the horses you want and then put in the figures on the right (as pictured) you can place any odds in there you like as I have done in the pic.

I don't have any affiliation with them but that is the bot I use when losing all my money whilst trying to make an automated fortune.

The bot is great, my systems are not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  BF bot v2 image.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  27.5 KB  

― Earl Nightingale
Old 18th September 2013, 02:33 PM

Thanks TO, sounds pretty simple to do.

I have looked at getting that BOT before but decided not to, maybe its time that I do.
Old 18th September 2013, 03:26 PM

You can get a free trial so at least you can experiment. I would try it with small stakes and not in simulation mode only so you can see if it does what you need it to do.

If you're not sure how to set it up you can email me on equalthree at yahoo dot com dot au so I can attach bigger pictures.

The other thing with the bot is that it's a one off payment so no need to pay each month.

Good luck.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 18th September 2013, 03:49 PM

TO i just had another look at their website, am I correct in reading that to run multiple strategies you'd need the multiple strategies bot for $14.95 a month?

i.e. The backing plan with my ratings looks like it would work fine as per your screenshot and as i've just read the relevant parts of the manual.

However if I had a lay strategy that was completely external to this backing plan, does that mean i'd need the multiple strategies bot with the monthly fee?

I guess I could just run any other basic plans elsewhere.

P.S. I was fiddling with the backing selections today and it looks like that retirement staking plan might be suitable for it as well.

I'll get some more testing done over the rest of this week and might start a thread up next week if everything is still looking good.
Old 18th September 2013, 04:02 PM

It depends if you would be backing and laying the same horses with your different systems. The user bets section lets you back OR lay different horses in the same race at a predetermined time so you could still use the one off payment v2 multiple favorites bot.

You still need to buy the v2 bot if you want to use the monthly strategies bot anyway.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 18th September 2013, 04:23 PM

Yeh good point, its only $160 australian anyway so reasonably cheap really. I'll do some more back-testing tonight/tomorrow and if its still holding up over a couple of months i'll get the bot and go live on $5 stakes

Thanks for the replies TO
Old 18th September 2013, 04:33 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
Yeh good point, its only $160 australian anyway so reasonably cheap really. I'll do some more back-testing tonight/tomorrow and if its still holding up over a couple of months i'll get the bot and go live on $5 stakes

Thanks for the replies TO

No worries. If you want to get in touch via email to run through it then please do so.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 18th September 2013, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho

... but this is the bot I use when losing all my money whilst trying to make an automated fortune.
Hahahaa...good one TO. I came across another brilliant quote from a 25 year veteran Options Trader:
The program's risk management philosophy is, "It's not how much money you make in a day, it's how little you lose!"...lol

Last edited by Rinconpaul : 18th September 2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 20th September 2013, 12:03 PM

For those interested i've almost completely finished my spreadsheet including some systems i've put together. Today's plays would be as follows, lets see how they go although its a pertty poor days racing to be starting this:

BR5 - 3,4,9 (Taken from 2 systems)
BR8 - 1,7

NR4 - 4,5
NR5 - 2,3,5 (Taken from 2 systems)
NR7 - 2,3
NR8 - 5,7

VR6 - 8,14
VR8 - 3,14