Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th August 2007, 10:09 AM
Banned

Wink Jana Drama

As much as she is the one we love to hate ..she will win the final tonight
Can't find a market but going on last nites semi win ..I would say $1.08 would be generous odds..certainty imo
Old 29th August 2007, 02:30 PM

$1.70 on Betfair as i type.....
Old 29th August 2007, 05:31 PM

$1.45 on the TAB. It's not on till Thursday night for some reason, Rabz.

Can never work out Athletics schedules. They make 100m runners run their semi finals and finals just an hour or two apart and yet some other events (like this one) seem to be spread so far apart the runners must just about lose form!

Last edited by Sportz : 29th August 2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 30th August 2007, 07:03 AM

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/new...8067189354.html

New Jana no longer running off at the mouth
Jessica Halloran in Osaka
August 29, 2007

THERE'S no Jana drama in Japan.

There has been no celebratory tossing of crutches for the television cameras after last-minute knee surgery, as before the Athens Olympics in 2004. There have been no photographers encouraged to snap pictures of her while she meditates, nor her green and gold painted fingernails.

She has not been tempted into a "bitch fight", as she was with Tamsyn Lewis before the Commonwealth Games.

Here at the world championships, there's a serenity around Team Jana.

It's a calmer Rawlinson with husband/coach Chris by her side and a robust baby boy named Cornelis in her life. She snacks on her son's leftover Milky Ways (his favourite) after races and smiles her way through quick media interviews.

In 2004, she said, she had an "emotional, rollercoaster life", but it seems as if that ride has wound to a halt. Rawlinson's build-up to the championship has been low-key and nothing like the dramatic circus surrounding her at the Athens Olympics and the Melbourne Commonwealth Games.

It's the way it's going to stay as she prepares for the Beijing Olympics.

"[My life] is completely different - my whole lifestyle is different," Rawlinson said. "We spend most of our day with Cornelis, apart from training."

For the first time in her career, on and and off the track, it's not all just about her. In the past, her quest for gold had a nationwide following - but this time there have been no huge expectations on the 24-year-old new mother coming into her first major championships since giving birth just eight months ago.

Former coach Phil King said Rawlinson had always been a mature athlete but had changed off the track since the birth of her son. "I think we all change and we all mature as the years go on," King said. "I think becoming a mum had a big effect on her maturing. But I think the bottom line is she's always been very mature in the attitude towards her sport. But now she has 'Cor', she's got something else than just her athletics, and that's providing her with a balance in her life.

"There were people that thought it was going to be a distraction for her. But sometimes that distraction, for an athlete - so they don't just think about themselves all the time - can be a wonderful thing.

"Jana has always been very settled with her athletic career but she does take things seriously and she can get very emotional about her athletics. At times, the presentation of what happened in 2006 are not a true reflection of her as an athlete."

The peace around Rawlinson has also been maintained by her quietly dropping out of the public gaze this year. Her media commitments have been wound back by her management team at Elite Sports Properties.

In the past, she would talk up her chances of gold - but in Osaka, even as she cruised in the heats, she has maintained she will be happy just to finish in the top five.

Nonetheless, she has qualified fastest for tonight's final in 53.57 seconds, and gold could be hers.

King coached Rawlinson to her first world title, in 2003, and until 2005, when Chris Rawlinson took over. He says his replacement has done a good job. "The only way you can judge coaching is by the scoreboard, and he's got her in good shape," King said. "When you are living together, he knows when she's a bit off colour, whether she's had a good night's sleep, if the baby's woken up, and they can moderate training accordingly. That's working well for them."
Old 30th August 2007, 07:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
$1.45 on the TAB. It's not on till Thursday night for some reason, Rabz.

Can never work out Athletics schedules. They make 100m runners run their semi finals and finals just an hour or two apart and yet some other events (like this one) seem to be spread so far apart the runners must just about lose form!

$1.45
Money for jam..i can't believe it ..can i have the lot on her about $1500 at last count..come on...i know you'll say no ..what about $1000 or even $500 come on
Old 30th August 2007, 08:08 AM

Nope.

There have been a few "certainties" that I wouldn't have minded having more than $100 on too, like Federer at Wimbledon. He was $1.45 too and simply wasn't going to lose.

In any case, there is already one way you can bet more than $100 on one result. You work it out.

Remember, it IS a hurdle race. Would only take a mistake at one of the hurdles and it'd be trouble.

Last edited by Sportz : 30th August 2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old 30th August 2007, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitz
$1.45
Money for jam..i can't believe it ..can i have the lot on her about $1500 at last count..come on...i know you'll say no ..what about $1000 or even $500 come on
Am i missing something? I said there was 1.70 available yesterday, and there is still some 1.60 as i type on BF. I know what odds i'd take.....
Old 30th August 2007, 09:44 AM

Yes, you are missing something. He's talking about the punting competition we're in on here, and we don't use Betfair in that.
Old 30th August 2007, 09:47 AM

OK, no worries.
Old 30th August 2007, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
Nope.

There have been a few "certainties" that I wouldn't have minded having more than $100 on too, like Federer at Wimbledon. He was $1.45 too and simply wasn't going to lose.

In any case, there is already one way you can bet more than $100 on one result. You work it out.

Remember, it IS a hurdle race. Would only take a mistake at one of the hurdles and it'd be trouble.

shes 1.57 on centrebet

so what your saying if i have 15 doubles with jana as the banker thats ok
tempting..but now i'm scared