Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 19th September 2022, 04:58 PM

Default Betfair Bot Suggestion

Can anyone suggest a betfair bot that they've used which would allow me to do the following:

Load all Aus races for the day
Either load my selections from excel or go through and tick my personal selections
The bot triggers a back bet either x seconds before the start time or on BFSP
The bot places a lay in running either for y ticks/% of profit or at z ticks/% as a stop loss

Would also be handy if its capable of greening up when the profit is there and also potentially allowing other things like odds filter, staking plans or even a 'testing' mode etc etc. But the key is really what i've explained above.

I've looked around are varying stages over last few years but there's always little parts missing like that I can't use SP, or I cant use my own selections (only x favourite) etc

I'll do some hunting around myself again but figured someone here might be able to offer a user friendly solution up.
Old 21st September 2022, 05:27 PM

I think both GRUSS and Marketfeeder Pro would be able to do what you require. You would need a basic understanding of Excel to program.

With GRUSS, they will create a Trigger to your requirements when you join and are pretty good at providing advice if you build one on your own and can't quite get it to work.

If you know basic Excel yourself you can pretty much create your own Bot that takes the info from their Bot. From what I see from your needs it wouldn't be that hard.

It would be worthwhile to check out their forum to get an idea of how the product works and the numerous options. They also have a backtesting mode which is absolutely fantastic and saved me heaps from testing with real cash.
Old 27th September 2022, 11:36 AM

I have never seen a testing mode that works correctly for the exchange as you are reliant on your stake being taken, this increases as your bets become more sophisticated like trying to back or lay at a price.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 27th September 2022, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
Can anyone suggest a betfair bot that they've used which would allow me to do the following:

Either load my selections from excel or go through and tick my personal selections
The bot places a lay in running either for y ticks/% of profit or at z ticks/% as a stop loss

I have not tried this with BFSP but am sure is possible, the main issue you face is the stop loss, on the Australian market the prices can move wildly, any time i have tried using a stop loss they will get triggered more times than not, you would need a good distance between your SP and stop loss.

--moeee
Old 27th September 2022, 01:44 PM

I've never looked into GRUSS too much but might give it a try, the problem would be I run other things through excel at the same time which might impact the bot running on there. I did however find Betextrader which seems to tick all boxes that i'm looking for, just need to give it a trial.

However on the weekend I did try just doing some trading manually and like Shaun has suggested it almost seems like at the jump prices go out a little for all runners until things start to settle and then the market reacts.

Like you've said Shaun, any stop loss would likely be triggered at this point unless there is a sufficient gap and at that point it potentially isn't helping you stop the losses anywhere near as efficiently as it could.

Would definitely take more trial and error with the settings for a while I'd say before finding the right mix and thats even if what i'm thinking of doing provides profit.
Old 27th September 2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
I have never seen a testing mode that works correctly for the exchange as you are reliant on your stake being taken, this increases as your bets become more sophisticated like trying to back or lay at a price.

Yes that's the main downside to the testing mode, also the size of the market. Much easier to get matched on a Metro on Saturday than Parkes on a Monday.
Old 28th September 2022, 12:47 AM

I can understand the excel issues, i run a VM the one that is built in to windows, i have 16 gig so i give it 8gig and run it all the time with no issues.

--moeee
Old 27th February 2023, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001

Would also be handy if its capable of greening up when the profit is there and also potentially allowing other things like odds filter, staking plans or even a 'testing' mode etc etc. But the key is really what i've explained above.

I've looked around are varying stages over last few years but there's always little parts missing like that I can't use SP, or I cant use my own selections (only x favourite) etc

I'll do some hunting around myself again but figured someone here might be able to offer a user friendly solution up.

Have you pursued this, JB?
Marketfeeder pro would do what you want but the erratic in running prices on Oz races would be a problem still.
Old 28th February 2023, 02:28 PM

Nah didn't pursue this any further SB. Its still something I think has merit but I've kind of lost interest a bit in horses of late. Think I'm at the stage where I need database rather than working from excel and my knowledge in that area is very limited so i've put it all on the backburner for now.

Instead been focusing on AFL and greyhounds of late.

I did find 1 or 2 bots that looked like they would do what I wanted, just needed to give them a trial over a weekend at some stage. Marketfeeder might have been one of them and i think betextrader was the other.
Old 28th February 2023, 08:43 PM

Have a look @ Cymatic mate, Easily intergrated with eXcel.