Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th March 2015, 05:57 PM

Default Is it "possible" to create an Arb Bot?

Possible is probably not the correct word but how hard would it be to find someone that could create a program that can give out alerts when an arb is present between say Centrebet and Betfair, both Win and Plc markets?

Is it realistic to find someone to create something like this? And if so, how much do you think it could cost?

Thinking about it, it could be really quite difficult but I'm keen to get opinions. If it is possible I am after contacts of people who could definitely create a program to compare only up to 2 bookmakers to betfair lay prices. I don't want something that would place bets for me - it would purely be an alert system notifying race number and horse number.

Thanks for any help!
Old 13th March 2015, 06:34 PM

Its not hard. Saying that IT programmers go for about $100-$200 an hour for a custom project.

I would think its a few days work ($1500-$3000) for a custom program.

Alternatively you could look at a "as a service" model where a programmer develops the software for you and you pay per alert (say $1 per Alert).

If you want some more info/ discuss email me (you have my email).
Old 13th March 2015, 06:48 PM
Banned

There are plenty of programs out there that already provide the alert, load it up, workout your stakes....everything!

BUT

In my experience, by the time you get the alert and react, the arbs goneski. There's plenty out there that have already written that software.
I did a thread on my trials and tribulations in the Sports section.
Old 31st May 2015, 08:15 PM

Hi Pat123,

Did you ever get this developed or are you still interested?

I just found my way back onto this forum after a few years when reading your results about the back side of the arb being a lot more profitable than the lay side.

I may have a solution for you, can't send pm's for some reason, but if you want to pm me your email we can talk.
Old 1st June 2015, 05:20 PM

I'm 100% still interested.

I have all my betting history and various stats from August 15th, 2013 to today and it's extremely interesting seeing the lay history losses all plotted out. They're so consistent over the period and still roaring along to this date. Yeah there's dips where the lay trends in the positive but the overall trend is significantly going in one direction (i'll post it soon). I'd need a proram to be based off Centrebet's fixed odds for all international races and comparing with betfair lay prices, win and place. I'd need it for my laptop and trading pc. I don't use Centrebet but i use a bookie that copies them. I'll try PM you now but doubt it will work. I'll be in touch.
Old 1st June 2015, 05:42 PM

bf lays

I can't PM you so my email is riskfreetrades@gmail.com

Let me know when you've contacted me here and I'll be in touch. Thanks again.
Old 1st June 2015, 08:30 PM

OK have sent you an email.
Old 1st June 2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsdown
OK have sent you an email.

Thanks mate, I will be in touch.
Old 3rd June 2015, 11:38 AM

I gave up the arbs on sports because they were gonski or there wasn't enough meat out of them (for me). I work using purely Gruss Betting Assistant and Excel for Betfair for UK/IRE races. There is risk, it's not like it searches for arbs, I lay early and back the same amount at SP and rely on market movements.
Has massive ups and downs, but the returns are far better when a drifter comes first
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 3rd June 2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
I gave up the arbs on sports because they were gonski or there wasn't enough meat out of them (for me). I work using purely Gruss Betting Assistant and Excel for Betfair for UK/IRE races. There is risk, it's not like it searches for arbs, I lay early and back the same amount at SP and rely on market movements.
Has massive ups and downs, but the returns are far better when a drifter comes first

I gave up on them for the most part as well.

I actually started out arbing on tennis matches using Pinnacle, as soon as the markets were put up. Didn't know what laying was at that stage so used the TAB. Usually did $1000 bets to make about $40 lol. Averaged a 4% return or so. Not worth the time searching.