Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th December 2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
Gee, Lomaca, I really appreciate your help, BUT it's not quite AMEN, as believe it or not I located the "SWITCH" that doesn't exist on my comp. (sorry but it does?)

and when switched on picks up wireless transmit-ions, BUT I need to type in the sequence code and BOBS your uncle we have wireless transmit ion!!!

There you go!
I'm happy for you John, but I would not be human if I didn't have an excuse for not quite solving your problem

Firstly I broke my own cardinal rule that under no circumstances should I give a computer related advise unless I'm sighting the machine myself.

Secondly it was a situation like the one where Coolhand Luke used to say, "we have a failure to communicate".

While all you needed was to turn on the wi-fi functionality of your machine, your use of the word "wireless switch" led me on the wrong path completely.

In computer parlance, in my circles, the term "switch", unless prefaced like "power", denotes an external device that enables you to connect two or more computers together to share a common source like the Internet or a printer, this can be wired or wireless.

Whatever, your problem solved and my lesson learned, (again!)

Happy computing.
Cheers
Old 13th December 2011, 03:26 PM

This is the main thing i have learned about trouble shooting, start with the simple things and work towards the harder ones, most times you will get it in the first few tries, a lot of techies will go straight to the hard thing first and make the problem harder to solve.
Old 14th December 2011, 02:11 AM

Lomaca. you got it in one as far as failure to communicate, easy for me when it comes to computers.

I just thought that I'd let you know that the fault was all mine, but especially I don't want to close the door to your help n future!!!
Old 14th December 2011, 09:40 AM
Suspended

We have only limited amount of control of determining our future , but ************ all of controlling the future of others.

I have found many times in Life , and on this Forum ,You can choose your friends , but you cannot choose your enemies.

Well done in solving your problem that appeared overwhelming at the time PartyPooper.