Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 10th December 2013, 10:47 AM

Thats unless you use betfair SP UB where you can do a min liability of $30
Old 10th December 2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
Thats unless you use betfair SP UB where you can do a min liability of $30

Very true ... but still more then the minimum 5 for backing.
Old 10th December 2013, 11:55 AM

Yeh true, I can understand where BF are coming from though. I mean they are a business so they need to make money and processing bets where the profit is $0.05 and trying to claim commission on that is next to impossible so essentially they are providing the service for free. I mean really a $5 min back stake and $30 min liability for SP bets isn't that hard to swallow, if you need to use amounts lower then that i'm not sure you should be betting anyway. Just my opinion though.
Old 10th December 2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
I mean really a $5 min back stake and $30 min liability for SP bets isn't that hard to swallow, if you need to use amounts lower then that i'm not sure you should be betting anyway. Just my opinion though.

lol I agree.
Old 10th December 2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen2xL
Hi Shaun
Hi beton

Thanks for spread sheet Shaun will look at that : )

Yer well i did put min $5 in Aussie wallet and it still comes up "Exceed blah blah" might take a screen shot and post latter if prob continues ?

So i don't know, i get so use to things on the net never working first time as they are supposed too, has taught me patients anyway : )

It is a bit scarey actually making a bet, concerned i'm gonna do something wrong eyes going everywhere trying to see what the programs doing at a 1oo miles an hour : )

I don't even understand the lay out of BA or much at all at the mo

1/Backing
2/Laying
3/Greening up the book, oh my goodness

Started going through gruss Videos, i've seen alot of Youtube examples, i'm still not much the wiser, thick as truck drivers sandwhich i think.

I do prefer to have some one there to just say how do i do this, what's that for, sweet i'm away.

Will get back to ya's soon : )

Lots of study on BA and concepts

Oh maybe, was thinking save me going through everything you have Shaun : ) trial error etc,

Can you recommend a way to bet using BA to give me best chance from the 3 above, if not to cheeky to ask

Cheers matey

Mike : )
her tool

Um, well i hate to say it but Gruss is not the Holy Grail it is a tool, like any tool you need experience to use it like knowing what you want and learning that skill or trying new skills.

If you are not sure then backing runners is the safest option to start, but you need to develop your own ideas on runners to back or follow some one elses, Gruss could then be used to load up the bets and place them for you, for example if you had 10 horses you could have a sheet setup that would back these runners 10 seconds from jump time provided there price was $3 or more, or maybe you want to back your selection provided it is at least $1 shorter than the second selection, these are just examples not saying they work.

So what you need to do is decide what is best suited to you in terms of betting, the idea of Gruss is if you are normally a person that uses betfair gruss will be better because it is faster, you could just use the interface to place bets and nothing more, for me i use excel because i enjoy the coding side of it and making things work how i want.

Sorry i could be more help in that area.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 11th December 2013, 09:19 AM

Smile

Shaun

Yer all good

Thanks for that

I have some ideas i been working on Flat bets and recovery Staking plan but as good as a recovery Staking plan looks on paper i live in fear of the day it lets me down and the day it does will probably be the first day i actually use it : )

Huh talk about pessimist : )

Would just be nice for a change to get a good start : )

Found the WB on Gruss "Place_Bets.xls" might do the trick will spend a while mucking around with that.

Cheers Guys