Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st March 2009, 07:48 PM

Default Place betting options...online bookmakers etc

Hi punters...I see a few others mentioning place betting selections.

Just interested in finding out what options people are using for place betting. I'm interested in finding bookmakers who will let me bet the place for metro races in the main racing states [NSW, VIC, QLD, WA, SA].

Outside of the corporate bookmakers I've struggled to find anyone...I've looked at Betfair but the pools can be quite small and hence prices volatile.

I've found placeabet.com.au/ for Victoria and setup an account and have to say the operator strikes me as someone who deserves a wrap for his customer service in answering my questions.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 2nd March 2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 1st March 2009, 11:58 PM

G'Day Steve, my bread and butter comes from PLACE betting, (albeit a tiny % on T/O) so I was really interested in your thread especially as I have never heard of the crowd that you mentioned.

Now I hope I HAVE missed something, but after perusing their site I can see no advantage guaranteed at all????

e.g. I mean IAS say that they pay best of at least 2 totes and that they are often better than 3, I say bool sheeet, they can never beat best of 3 totes + SP NEVER, NEVER.

And I can see no difference here, BUT believe me I want to be wrong, so explain how they can be of advantage? and I will swap tomorrow!

What we are hanging out for of course is this:

BEST OF 3 TOTES OR SP OR TOP FLUC ALL MEETS, WIN OR PLACE (possibly with a minimum price stipulation) are you listening bookies/exchanges? that's what we want!!

Last edited by partypooper : 2nd March 2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 2nd March 2009, 08:46 AM

ive been meaning to get into place betting
Old 2nd March 2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
What we are hanging out for of course is this:

BEST OF 3 TOTES OR SP OR TOP FLUC ALL MEETS, WIN OR PLACE (possibly with a minimum price stipulation) are you listening bookies/exchanges? that's what we want!!

Now how do bookies based in the Northern Territory operating on making a few per cent POT meet that when they have pay turnover tax which is a non profits based tax? Eg: on New South Wales racing it is 1.5% PLUS there is also a turnover tax on the same racing paid to the NT Government.

That is before any wages and other expenses are met and of course before any profits are made which are then of course also taxed.
Old 2nd March 2009, 03:44 PM
Banned

Smile

I remember reading in "Winning More' by the late Don Scott advising punters to bet E/W if 7/2 ( $4.50 ) or under.
I know its strictly not just PLACE betting but one should take note of this late Master of the Punt.

Hey. there,s a system in that somewhere.

My hats off to any punter that can make a quid straight PLACE betting.

Cheers.
darky
Old 2nd March 2009, 06:03 PM

vicbet offer 1/4 odds place betting for metro races.

Cheers
Old 2nd March 2009, 06:14 PM

Crackone, good pointer there thanks for that.

MR. LOGIC, well after I wiped my eyes, I got to thinking that those poor bookies (the same ones setting books at 130% plus) might just manage, mind you I'm not knocking *them* completely, they have to be smart to make a living from nothing.

DARKY, when that day comes that I can sustain myself completely from place betting , you will be the first to be invited to the big do!
Old 2nd March 2009, 06:24 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackone
vicbet offer 1/4 odds place betting for metro races.

Cheers
That's great but try not to win too often as they are currently giving consistent winning punters the flick.
Old 2nd March 2009, 09:12 PM

Crackone/PeterPan thanks for that will take a look

PP...I stand corrected if I'm wrong as I setup an account sometime back but haven't used it due to the majority of my bets occuring outside of Vic. I believed they were offering best of the totes for the place...that may not be any better than the corporates but it is in line.

The other one I noticed on their site is bookiesonline.com.au/ has anyone used them or had any experiences...is this an option for place betting punters?

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 23rd April 2009 at 12:38 PM.