Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 12th January 2005, 02:16 PM

Yeah it may, but as I said, there is really no correct answer. Again, if we had the horse's weight (of course I am talking about it's physical weight, not weight to carry) it would be of extreme benefit, as well as published records of their work. Australian racing is so very cloak and dagger though, there exists this attitude of secrecy, hidden track gallops etc. Backing the horse when it wins, beating the bookie, tricking them, seems to be so important to all concerned, when perhaps the attitude should be that the prizemoney is what we race for. Obviously backing them is a great thrill (I have a small share in a horse who won it's maiden at Benalla yesterday, backing it was a great thrill), however we don't need to be so secretive so that we can get a better price. If it wins, and we back it, we still win, so I think we should publish the track gallops and the horse's weight, have all the information at hand, because - as Hong Kong shows - this makes punting a better proposition, which increases turnover, which ultimately helps the industry. As it stands, I - and I assume therefore others also - don't bet when there's too many horses first up, and the industry loses this combined turnover, simply because the cloak and dagger attitude exists.

Duritz.
Old 12th January 2005, 02:19 PM

I think ALL horses should have to trial publicly before they're allowed to race.
Old 12th January 2005, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duritz
Again, if we had the horse's weight (of course I am talking about it's physical weight, not weight to carry) it would be of extreme benefit

There is a chance of that happening. I think they're trying to get it off the ground in Melbourne aren't they?

Last edited by Sportz : 12th January 2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12th January 2005, 03:08 PM

Yes I have heard a rumour to that effect. It would be great if it happened. I do the form for Hong Kong as well as Melbourne, and it is a fantastic aid. Perfect example was a horse recently (can't remember who it was) who had performed very badly at his first two runs back, but was 50 pounds over what he was at last prep when he was winning!! You can safely ignore those runs and wait until his weight is right again.

Inform the punter!!! It is he (or she) who holds the industry up!!!

Duritz.
Old 12th January 2005, 04:14 PM

i am looking forward to this compitition...i have tweaked my ratings and went 16/14 yesterday with top 4

and today am 7/7 so far
Old 12th January 2005, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
i have tweaked my ratings and went 16/14 yesterday with top 4

I take it you mean 14/16???
Old 13th January 2005, 02:44 AM

shaun what were the prices
Old 13th January 2005, 04:33 PM

what race are we doing this week guys
Old 13th January 2005, 04:38 PM

I've just posted it on a new thread. Not a lot of suitable races this week, but I've decided we'll do R4 & 5 at Caulfield.