Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 19th May 2014, 11:15 PM

Default Banned

OK so new thread, how many of you have had an e-mail from a certain mob banning you , who offer " lay of the day" selections, both on Saturdays and now Wednesdays"?

Like, at this moment there is only little ol' me and "Mark",....... unbelievable considering that we are both LOSING on their selections, like why would they even put their magnificent minds to such paltry individuals? betting to a max PROFIT of $100? something far more sinister,.... me thinks!
Old 20th May 2014, 02:11 AM

Party, it's the act of using a promotional product to it's maximum. They deem this as a professional approach. Their promotion is simply a marketing tool to attract new business. They don't want people using it as a strategy.
Their last condition sums it up...
For recreational punters only

May has been a shocker for them, just look at their results:
Date 	Track 	Race 	Start Time 	Selection 	Unibet Odds 	Result
Sat 17th Doomben 6 3.05pm Arabian Gold $2.10 1st
Sat 17th Scone 5 2.40pm Atmospherical $3.50 1st
Wed 14th Canterbury 4 2.53pm Bridge Of Sighs $9.00 1st
Wed 14th Sandown 4 2.00pm Fantome Gris $4.40 1st
Sat 10th Rosehill 7 3.50pm Forster $3.00 1st
Sat 10th Morphettville 6 2.54pm Rhythm To Spare $3.70 1st
Sat 10th Flemington 4 2.22pm Backstedt $4.00 1st
Sat 10th Doomben 3 1.20pm Havana $2.15 2nd
Wed 7th Sandown 5 2:35pm The Thief $3.50 2nd
Wed 7th Warwick Farm 3 2:18pm Murphy’s Delight $6.50 3rd
Sat 3rd Caulfield 4 2:27pm Pressing $2.80 1st
Sat 3rd Hawkesbury 2 1:00pm Idyllic Scenery $7.50 Unplaced

You'll find any bookie that offers promotional products that punters use to the maximum, will be locked out as soon as they have a win, if not before.

The bookie doesn't individually sit down and think "I've had enough of this joker" their sophisticated software flags winners, large bettors and people that utilise promotional products above a certain limit. You are marked and chances are that info is shared amongst affiliated bookies, so you might get shut down very quickly elsewhere as well. I have long been of the opinion that these offers are the exploding briefcase for punters. Grab it and they know....you are one of the savvy punters they don't want.

It really is grubby business, and they have no right to call themselves bookmakers. They do not make books. They engineer their client base to only be fluid with casual mug punters.
*RaceCensus now updated to 29/02/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 20th May 2014, 02:24 AM

It is also morally wrong, the mug punter has no chance to win at all.
Chance is removed, because I have first hand knowledge of losing decent sums at certain bookies and then having a largeish win, (but still losing long term) and I am locked out from ever winning again.

My advice is to milk them as hard as you can and move on when the fat lady sings, but let everyone you know, to follow suit. Cause some damage to their pockets, it's the only way to protest.

I'm aware of the bookie in question. I have a bookie folder in my Outlook box which is full of restricted or banned emails.
*RaceCensus now updated to 29/02/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 20th May 2014, 05:52 AM

Funny thing is Chrome, I wrote an email of protest to which they quickly replied that most of my bets were using the promotion. My reply was I had had 26 bets since opening my account of which 5 were on the promotion....hardly most. No response. Racing Commission here we come again.
Old 20th May 2014, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
Racing Commission here we come again.

Unfortunatly its a toothless tiger and backs up the bookies 100% of the time.
Old 20th May 2014, 06:20 AM
Banned

It's interesting if you read overseas based posts and articles, they've matured a little quicker than us, in that being banned by a soft bookmaker (encompasses all bookmakers except Pinnacle) is a NO BRAINER. Just part of life now, everyone accepts it. They're now down to ways to prolong your membership of a bookie and extend your life there from a day to a few weeks while you scalp them.

Some of the methods involve:
1/ Disguising your IP address
2/ Creating a very common browser fingerprint on a virgin computer to avoid detection
3/ Creating virtual machines
4/ Using other people and their computers to act as a team

It really is quite sophisticated, and when I became aware of it, it leaves you no choice but to use Pinnacle and Betfair for longevity, that's it! No point grumbling anymore, it's over. Either encompass all the latest techniques to avoid detection, which will only give you a limited breathing space, or find other niches.
Old 20th May 2014, 09:44 AM
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinconpaul
It's interesting if you read overseas based posts and articles, they've matured a little quicker than us, in that being banned by a soft bookmaker (encompasses all bookmakers except Pinnacle) is a NO BRAINER. Just part of life now, everyone accepts it. They're now down to ways to prolong your membership of a bookie and extend your life there from a day to a few weeks while you scalp them.

Some of the methods involve:
1/ Disguising your IP address
2/ Creating a very common browser fingerprint on a virgin computer to avoid detection
3/ Creating virtual machines
4/ Using other people and their computers to act as a team

It really is quite sophisticated, and when I became aware of it, it leaves you no choice but to use Pinnacle and Betfair for longevity, that's it! No point grumbling anymore, it's over. Either encompass all the latest techniques to avoid detection, which will only give you a limited breathing space, or find other niches.

Seeing as this is becoming more of a problem,
Has anybody tried this link below as it is on our forum???.

http://www.propun.com.au/racing_for...ead.php?t=28353.

Cheers.
Old 20th May 2014, 09:45 AM

rinconpaul, lack of Computer skills is my main problem, I wonder if you would consider explaining those disguises in more detail? if so my e-mail is lumbasakabayo att hott male dott kom
Old 20th May 2014, 10:02 AM
Banned

Email sent Party
Old 20th May 2014, 12:44 PM

Chrome, point taken though the Irony is that I was away in NZ for two weeks and missed all the winners, so the only winners I backed were the two last Saturday, that's why I'm flabbergasted.