Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th March 2012, 01:51 PM

Default Help needed

I was looking at my pricing structure for ratings and can't work out why i have it set up a particular way, more than like my old age has started to kick in.

I think it was a member here that put me in to this method, so am hoping that member may remember better than me, if only i could remember who, haha.

The normal way to price up a market is to add up all the ratings to get a total then divide each rating in to the total to get a percentage then convert that to a price.

But what i have is 2 groups (Group A) only uses the top 5 selections and uses the above method (Group B) uses all the runners then apply's the prices to the other runners outside the top 5

What i think this does is tighten up the prices of the top 5 because these would be the most accurate rated runners seeing as 70 to 80 percent of winners come from this group.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 11th March 2012, 02:42 PM

Dont know if this will help but I found the 'confidence' element useful & you may be able to apply one figure to group A & another to B

http://betting.betfair.com/horse-ra...222-040810.html
Old 11th March 2012, 03:59 PM

I think you got it from here Shaun if I recall correctly.
Code:
http://www.racebase.co.nz/market.htm
*RaceCensus now updated to 30/04/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 11th March 2012, 04:16 PM

Yes mate that was the pricing system, but the extra element of seperating the 2 groups was different.

I guess in the end the reason for doing it the way i have i explained to myself in the first post.
Quote:
What i think this does is tighten up the prices of the top 5 because these would be the most accurate rated runners seeing as 70 to 80 percent of winners come from this group.

I just hate not knowing where i got the info i use.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 14th March 2012, 07:04 PM
Suspended

I have no idea exactly how your Ratings are devised , even though you freely offer your methods to all members.

I myself use the tally up all the ratings and divide that figure into the individual Ratings.
But the key is that the ratings must be spread with the appropriate gap between them.

Like - an animal that has twice the rating of another animal . MUST , in fact , have twice the actual chance of saluting as the other animal.

And if an animal has a rating of 100 , and another animal has a rating of 10 , then the better animal must have 10 times the chance of winning as the lesser animal - Not just because your formula says so , but it actually has.

You can sort of work out if this is in fact happening by Rating a bunch of animals where the Form is well revealed.
Often a fairly accurate Market can be mentally figured in this case just with your own basic knowledge.

Or fool about with Races and eliminate most of the runners bar the top 3 or 4 chances , and see if the Market spat out , in fact looks legitimate.

Was gonna say something else , but being only fresh back from being banned , had second thoughts
Old 14th March 2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
Was gonna say something else , but being only fresh back from being banned , had second thoughts

Talking about bans - is Barny due back soon into the fold?

― Earl Nightingale