Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th November 2005, 09:39 PM

Hey Chuck,

Not sure if you're starting a new thread each week, but here are my selections for week 2:

$10 each

MR7 - 9 - Lord Braemar
BR6 - 4 - Rue the Saint
BR7 - 10 - Black Suit
SR3 - 1 - Doubloon
VR8 - 8 -Mr Jackhammer

Thanks Chuck

Harry
Old 26th November 2005, 10:15 AM

Default Longshots

I agree Crash - from that point of view you are right.
However, from our point of view, we would have no chance in a win-only competition, as the best we can hope for are consistently placed longshots, with a win being a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Martin,
A long-shot to me is double figures PP, as it's impossible to know the SP in advance to put selections in a forum. Generally, double figure SP would be classed as a true long-shot.

You wrote:
'However, in the end, the competition should really be about making a profit consistently; be it betting for the win only, each way, placings only, quinellas, exactas, doubles, trifectas, quadrellas, super 6 jackpots, or whatever; although the more exotic, the less the chance"

I agree to a point, but in the end someone has to go through all the results and dividends and work out the winning order of participants. Are you putting your hand up for the above approach:-) ?.

The win bet makes it easier to the kind soul who does that job, Chuck this time around.
Old 26th November 2005, 10:55 AM
Suspended.

Martin,

I know you specialize in long-shots, but the 3 of you must indulge in handicapping or some form of final selection process. I don't think you throw darts at a form guide[?]. You have as much chance as anyone in this competition by selecting winners, not place getters, regardless of odds. I can't see a problem as the comp. favors nobody's selection system. It's fair to all comers and I have no problems selecting any priced horse including long-shots here if I think they can win.

Mr. Magoo is a $20 special selection today for me in the conp. That horse is definitely a long-shot. If it wins I go up the ladder. If it doesn't, well it's only a forum comp., no money is involved. If I end up coming last at the end of it. I won't lose sleep over it even if I'm heckled for getting the duck egg [last].

Cheers and hope your thread selections have a good day.

Last edited by crash : 26th November 2005 at 10:59 AM.