Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th December 2005, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
Well, not far off.

The way Symonds played today is the way he should ALWAYS play. If he does, he could actually be a handy player. The situation of the game today totally suited him though. Wouldn't fancy him going out to bat if Australia was trying to play for a draw or something. Trying to bat in a defensive fashion as he had been doing until today, just doesn't suit him.

Gday Sportz,
looks like we jumped the gun in sacking Symonds.... I was wrong, he performed well, other than his duck in the first innings... The selectors obviously know lots more about cricket and cricketers than I can ever hope to.. Good luck to Symonds... is he an aussie or a pom? serious q coz I aint sure...

xptdriver@hotmail.com
Old 29th December 2005, 03:36 PM

He was born in England, but he's lived here for many years. Back a few years ago, he could possibly have represented England, but he said he was definitely an Aussie and that was that.

There has never been any question at all over his ability. The only problem was that he just didn't seem suited to Test Cricket. He didn't seem to know how to bat in Test Cricket and he didn't play his natural attacking game. He looked totally out of place. I also didn't consider his bowling anywhere near worthy of being called an "all rounder". But he certainly bowled well yesterday, and the confidence rubbed off on his batting today.

It must be remembered that up until a couple of years ago, he was also performing poorly in One Day Cricket. Then came the 2003 World Cup and he came up with a few brilliant performances and he's performed consistently at one day level ever since. He's now a regular in the one day team. Who knows? Perhaps something similar will happen to him in Test Cricket. Personally, I still think he's better suited to the one day game though.

Last edited by Sportz : 29th December 2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old 29th December 2005, 03:49 PM

I don't know about this declaration. I think he's given the South Africans a bit too much chance of winning. I know others will say that you have to give the opposition a chance to improve your own chances, but I'm just ultra cautious. There's a few good players in the South African team.
Old 29th December 2005, 04:24 PM

But then again...
Old 29th December 2005, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
But then again...

LOL

I hoped ya backed the aussies Sportz.. they are lookin pretty good... dunno if small wager on a draw is order.. whatcha reckon?

xptdriver@hotmail.com
Old 29th December 2005, 07:39 PM
Banned

I think the declaration was spot on. As you said, keeping the south africans in it gives a better chance to get the win.

Seemed like ball stopped swinging after tea.