Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 22nd February 2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs
Beton, I've just reread your post as I was running late for my last appointment when I replied before. Ha, you mention truth, I've been working along side, with but never for corporations for over 20 years and I can't remember that word ever being spoken, I don't think it exists in their vocabulary does it?

Thanks for taking the time for the comprehensive post, I will most certainly stash those ideas away for a rainy day which I think maybe fast approaching.

Shout we will Foxwood, if it was 600 bucks I wouldn't care, 600K will change my boys life.

As I said before, "It's not his money UNTIL it is taken off the table". It sounds that the only way it can be taken off the table is to shout, scream, kick, punch and bite. If you want a lesson, I'll sent the war office around.
What I gave was the 2013 gentleman's way of using bovverboots.

Be prepared to accept something a long way short of $600K.

The bottom line is your boy has talent. Which is absolutely worthless if he cannot play in straight games and get his money off the table. The only positive outcome is that that he can play and get his money out. The exercise can then be called experience. Any other outcome can only be called fruitless.
Old 22nd February 2013, 06:37 PM

It's not like I don't believe your telling the truth, macs, it's just that when your talking about that amount of money, well it is hard to believe.

How old is your son? Why didn't his mum withdraw the money?

It doesn't sound fare at all that they can just pocket all the money (even any of it). They get paid enough for their vig as it is.

I don't understand them. If your son can really play poker then they should be signing him up for all the tournaments around the world rather than Warney who can't be a very good player.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 22nd February 2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
The bottom line is your boy has talent. Which is absolutely worthless if he cannot play in straight games and get his money off the table. The only positive outcome is that that he can play and get his money out. The exercise can then be called experience. Any other outcome can only be called fruitless.
So true Beeton. He's been talking this evening about attempting to go up through the ranks in something like the Australian Poker League off line so I'm glad he's not in to alcohol It's early days and he's still a wee bit emotional about the whole string of events so we'll just sit tight and see what happens. Thanks again for your input.
Old 22nd February 2013, 07:19 PM

It's harder to believe from where I'm sat I can tell you TO! He's 22, 23 this year. If the poker account name and bank account owner name doesn't match good luck with getting one red cent transferred to anywhere.

"I don't understand them. If your son can really play poker then they should be signing him up for all the tournaments around the world rather than Warney who can't be a very good player."

He accumulated this in less than 2 days TO, at the moment he is just another PITA new client that nobody knows about. We're hoping we can change that by the amount he's won but who knows.

I'm not saying anymore in public now until this is resolved one way or another, thanks everyone for your support.
Old 22nd February 2013, 07:50 PM

Sounds like to me that he can just sign up at another room under his own name and away he goes. If he has already signed up at most rooms but doesn't remember his sign in details just email the accounts departments about reinstating his accounts or ask if he can just open a new account. They don't normally turn back new or returning players.

I'm still flabbergasted how well he went in 2 days but I'm not sure he should get too cocky though because it's the same as anything - 2 days does not a summer make.

Good luck with the withdrawal and I can leave some comments for you if you take up beton's suggestion.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 22nd February 2013, 08:18 PM

Thanks TO.
Old 1st March 2013, 07:19 AM

For the sake of closure of this thread, I was wondering how you went, macs, with getting some/all of your son's money out? I hope you did okay as no news is good news (usually).

― Earl Nightingale
Old 1st March 2013, 03:59 PM

It's far from closed TO. When it takes a corporate 6 days to reply to one email these things are going to take time. At least they prepared to look in to it according to their first reply which is far more than some corporates I've come across will do. However, do I feel confident, nope but I've grilled my son and son in law for the last week or so to make sure they are absolutely positive of their facts and they are so I'll stand behind them until it's closed one way or another. Screen shots in real time don't lie.

I'll let this thread know the result one way or another but I wouldn't hold your breath, it could take months.
Old 1st March 2013, 07:07 PM

Wink

Okay thanks macs. Go get 'em tiger!

― Earl Nightingale
Old 1st March 2013, 09:59 PM
Suspended

The Ocho - did you ever win a million dollars on Poker? - Even play money?