Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 14th July 2014, 03:31 PM

Default The importance of odds (again)

My win system which was showing a frustrating break even situation on an on-going basis is now showing 8% POT level stakes by taking fixed price as early as possible best of 6 Books ( if the best price is $6 or less,) If Bet 365 are equal (or best of course) I use them as they have the Fixed odds/ best tote thingo. If the nags worst price is more than $6 then I back it best Tote. 2 eg.s today SR-4, best tote =$3.20c FIXED 365 $4, SR5-5 BT $3.60c, Fixed Price $4.80c (Sportsbet + 365) My question is to fellow formulites is: do you think <$6 is the optimal for fixing? as there is not enough data yet for a conclusive decision.
Old 14th July 2014, 04:21 PM

The bigger issue I see, is that if you are even moderately successful your account will be closed
However, for the sake of the argument, $6.00 is just a starting point.
You really need to gather all the data and line it up for proof.
Look at the winning bets only, where were the best odds available?
And you are absolutely correct getting the best odds can make a massive difference between losing and winning.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 14th July 2014, 05:37 PM

Yes, this account closing thing is a bit confusing , especially as Mark was saying that they are even closing LOSING accounts. I've escaped with most of em so far by casting a wide net. But it still makes you wonder, they advertise all over the place for new customers, some of whom will win, and of course most will lose, but I suppose they could always close all their accounts and spend another heap on getting some new customers, ditto, ditto, ditto
Old 15th July 2014, 02:31 AM

They want recreational punters, anyone that wins constantly or fits a profile as a professional, winning or losing punter will be ousted.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 15th July 2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
They want recreational punters, anyone that wins constantly or fits a profile as a professional, winning or losing punter will be ousted.

Agree with Shaun for the most part save for the likes of Top Sport, Unibet, Tatts and Tabcorp subject to the following.

If you are considered by these to be a pro then they will still bet you but limit the liability. Why? Because that is the price that they choose to pay for the tip/knowledge. I have loose agreements with all 4 mentioned above in that they will all bet me to a prescribed limit. That limit changes and depends on whether its early markets, race morning or during the official betting period.

What I'm saying is that if you are borderline then they are more likely to cut you than if you continually beat them over the longer term which in this cases they will accommodate some of your business. These arrangements are common amongst most of the pros that I know and talk to on a regular basis.

I won't comment on the other corporate's.

Paul Daily - Ratings2Win Pty Ltd (Director)
R2W Axis - Axis is Australia's leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate performance ratings that include Hong Kong.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/

Last edited by PaulD01 : 15th July 2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 15th July 2014, 05:16 PM

Hmmm, there's many that beat them regularly, that are shut down on this forum. There's also a couple of pro's on another site that have been shafted by these. I guess some people are just lucky.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 15th July 2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
Hmmm, there's many that beat them regularly, that are shut down on this forum. There's also a couple of pro's on another site that have been shafted by these. I guess some people are just lucky.

Agree in respect of the other corporates, but with the four mentioned?

If so then I agree most of the biggest punters, commission agents and smaller pros are just lucky.

Paul Daily - Ratings2Win Pty Ltd (Director)
R2W Axis - Axis is Australia's leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate performance ratings that include Hong Kong.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/