Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 19th July 2006, 05:47 PM

Arrow My $102 MULTIBET for first time.

Not sure what's a big bet for you guys (as most of you are pros?) but this is the first time ive put $100 on a multi. This is money ive won from the past week so i gotta give it a go: all Favs that should win me another $100

ATP Indianapolis - 2nd Round - BASTL v HAAS - Head To Head - HAAS, Tommy (GER) Win 1.12
NRL Round 20 - MELBOURNE STORM v CRONULLA SHARKS - Start Betting +12.5 - MELBOURNE STORM Line +12.5 1.08
WTA Palermo Round 1 - PENNETTA v SCHRUFF - Head To Head - PENNETTA, Flavia (ITA) Win 1.10
ATP Indianapolis - 2nd Round - BLAKE v UDOMCHOKE - Head To Head - BLAKE, James (USA) Win 1.08
ATP Amersfoort - 2nd Round - MARIN v MASSU - Head To Head - MASSU, Nicolas (CHI) Win 1.15
WNBA Wednesday 19/7 - CHARLOTTE STING at DETROIT SHOCK - Head To Head - DETROIT SHOCK Win 1.13
Tri-Nations Matches - NEW ZEALAND v SOUTH AFRICA - Head To Head - NEW ZEALAND Win 1.05

PRICE 1.96 WAGER $102 PAYOUT $200.01
Old 19th July 2006, 08:03 PM

Wink good luck dc

thats 7 bets for less than even money return. dc if you had $10 on each of my tips this week how much would you think you would have now? exercise for you. work it out. remember might look easy but if 1 of those 7 lose your gone. id reckon a few of us in this forum have done this, i know i have before. and yes i did lose. and yes i did lose again and again. but i do wish you the best of luck with this bet. just giving a bit of advice of the mistakes that i have done in the past. hope you dont take this the wrong way mate. cheers breadman.
Old 19th July 2006, 08:12 PM
Banned

sorry, but i'm inclined to agree with the wheat harvester here, i don't think its worth it. its more than likely 1 or more of the 7 will lose and u are getting less than evens. i hope u prove me very wrong though

btw if the storm lose on friday jump on them for the premiership
Old 19th July 2006, 10:07 PM
Banned

dc as king of the multi bet i'm inclined to agree with vomit boy(chuck) and dough boy(breadman) 7 out of 7 is a big risk but i wish you all the best
i once put $100 on storm to beat warriors 13+ and all my mates said i was crazy,but it came in,maybe a double at 1.41 for each leg giving you $2.01
approx overall would be a better go
Anyway I'm rooting for ya as all rabbitz like to do
Old 19th July 2006, 10:55 PM

Default Chalk multi

Hi thanks for the comments guys.. i hear what ya saying and as my signature says any team can lose on a giving night.
Think im just scared of putting like a game in where there is a even chance in my multi (unless i know something special). Because i get the feeling like that team should win, but if they dont i wont be surrprised. (For example, Carlton v Essendon this week, they paying $1.90 each, I think Carlton will win but If Essendon get up, i wont be surprised.) Thats too risky for my multi, its like a flip of a coin but will pay more money. Its a hope bet.

I did some homework on these selections (hmmm ok except for PENNETTA v SCHRUFF). Though they short, They have all the advantage. For example, storm at home, who have won past 8 games giving them a +12.5 start, thats unfair to cronulla... ) ya know what i mean, i bet you heard all this before too . Ill be shocked if one of these dont come in but thats the gamble. Still learning so i guess its a lesson.
Old 20th July 2006, 05:40 PM

ive done onw of those nutty multis b4. only tried it once and it paid off

argentina/argentina
adelaide/adelaide
dragons/dragons

$100 wins $1000

Id rather just go with one bet for the line and throw in a certainty bet to get even money
Old 20th July 2006, 06:30 PM

Red face Never again...

Well that was an expensive lesson for me..! You guys were right.

WTA Palermo Round 1 - PENNETTA v SCHRUFF - PENNETTA, Flavia (ITA) Win 1.10 LOST!

WNBA Wednesday 19/7 - CHARLOTTE STING at DETROIT SHOCK - Head To Head - DETROIT SHOCK Win 1.13 LOST!

Everything else came in, Pending is the NZ to beat Sth Africa, and Storm.. (doesnt matter now.)

Cant believe Detriot lost at home... ahhh ill got owned on this bet.. I won that money so it doesnt hurt tooo bad but still.. And shouldve stayed out of the unknown Pennetta...

Now i gotta get that money back.. i be looking at your baseball tips breadman.. lol
Old 20th July 2006, 06:41 PM

Default lol

dont worry dc. im sure 100% of us have done something like that at one stage of our punting lifetime. you will never be alone and always have friends in that department. if in the future you want to go a 7 or 8 leg bet have only a little on and go for odds like 300/1 so that if you get it, you get something worthwhile!.
Old 20th July 2006, 07:32 PM

badluck dc..thats a real bummer...but im sure youll be back in town in no time
Old 20th July 2006, 08:59 PM

Cool

Thanks guys.... really comforting to hear the support. I got way cocky on that unwise bet.. I need to keep telling myself that this business is a marathon, not a sprint... I got greedy after a few wins.. heheh but its all good, ive learnt....