Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 15th August 2004, 11:02 AM
Suspended

After the shock I got looking at my Bank balance,nothing scares me.
Originally had Melbourne to win by 6 points,but penalized Sydney 12 points for missing out on training due to funeral.

At our local tote,we got a betting method called Parlay.And you can further fine it down into a Parlay 1,Parlay 2,Parlay 3.
Parlay 2 combines your selections into doubles and Parlay 1 does the lot including a unit on each individual selection.
Old 15th August 2004, 11:15 AM
Banned

OK gotcha, seems the states have different bet types, up here the parlay has 4 or you can have 3 if you want but you need 2 winners for a collect, but we have ALL UP tickets where you can take 2,3 or 4 selections but thay all have to win.
Old 15th August 2004, 11:19 AM
Member.

Had a feeling that Sydney would be really fired up to do well this week, but they were playing away, so I didn't know if it would be enough for victory.
Old 15th August 2004, 02:31 PM
Former Member

Well multi ,parlay whatever you wnat to call it. Fact is I well and truly overated the Dee's and I hate Melbourne's weather. Hawthorn are hopeless and if it was even a bit dryer they would have won by plenty. Oh well, whinging is only for the Poms. Today is a fresh day and time to try and win some back
Adel 1-39, Saints 20+ and Eagles 40+ will hopefully dig me out of this little hole.
Old 15th August 2004, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Can an international betting agency be wrong?.

Yes.

A parlay is a series of bets where the winnings are carried over to the next bet, etc. All legs must win to collect (if there is a draw that bet is cut out). This is what a parlay is for the majority of the betting world.

Aussie books wouldn't know the correct terms if it bit them on the ass. We had the same discussion about the term 'spread'.
Old 15th August 2004, 05:41 PM
Banned

Here in australia, we call it ********,not ASS or do we have to copy the septic tanks in everything we do?.

cheers
Old 15th August 2004, 06:38 PM
Banned

I'm sorry but we started adopting american culture before I was born. ass/******** are both acceptable. Spelling differences are also less important than incorrect terms.
Old 15th August 2004, 06:44 PM
Banned

I dont know what started all this off, but it is nit picking ,another thing we picked up from those yanks, those inbreds have alot to answer for,dont they ?
Old 15th August 2004, 06:46 PM
Former Member

You dont have to be dead to be stiff!! The crows kick 8 unanswered goals in the last quarter to blow me out of my treble. Just one of those weekends I guess. Curious what other people think of the race for the flag?
I think after the weekend that it's very,very open.
This might sound silly but I reckon we might see a team from the bottom half of the 8 win the flag.
Saints look great but can they perform in the finals away from the comfort of the dome.
Lions are really hard to assess. They're just going at the moment and i wonder if they are starting to show the wear and tear of being a slightly older side but you just know they find a gear in September.
Port in my opinion can't win it. I don't think they have the midfield to compete and I reckon they are still susceptible when teams play hard 1 on 1 footy, which happens every year in Sept.Melb look like they are flat at the moment and it's really not the time of year to have a slump, but if they can play finals at the G they will still be hard to beat.
Geelong are really hard at it and in my opinion the physically toughest in the whole comp. I guess their ? mark is do they have the forwards to kick winning scores come Sept.
Swans must be reasonable value as a good roughie, apart from there terrible fade out last week, they are one of the form teams of the comp. I think the worry with them is that they run so hard in games they never seem to have petrol tickets in the last quarter and they would have to travel a lot in Sept.
West Coast to seem to be peaking at the right time but how will they cope with the travel factor.
Essendon can't win it. I follow them and they are not good enough to win 4 big games in a row
Freo- No
Very hard to work out.
Old 15th August 2004, 06:56 PM
Banned

I reckon its opened right up now with probaly 5 or 6 chances, going to steady my bets until the finals though, before i bet up again,

1.& 2 LIONS/PORT
3.& 4 GEELONG/ST KILDA
5.& 6 W/COAST/SWANS

probably wrong,but what does anyone else think,

[ This Message was edited by: goldmember on 2004-08-15 18:56 ]