Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 27th March 2007, 12:54 PM

Default Super Impose Dies At Queensland Stud

http://www.racingandsports.com.au/r....asp?NID=101665

Super Impose Dies At Queensland Stud
Story By Chris Scholtz

Tuesday, 27 March 2007: With the $2.25 million Doncaster Handicap fast approaching, one of its greatest winners Super Impose has died at the age of 22 in Queensland.

The son of Imposing has been in retirement at Queensland's Glenlogan Park Stud where he was put down due to the infirmities of old age.

Super Impose was trained by Lee Freedman to win 20 of his 74 starts including nine Group One races and prizemoney of $5,659,290, which currently places him eighth among Australia's greatest stakeswinners.

They included two Doncaster Handicaps in 1990 and 1991 along with two Epsom Handicaps in the same years to make him one of the greatest milers ever to race at Randwick.

He also won the 1992 W.S. Cox Plate at Moonee Valley but Sydney got to see the best of him over several seasons as he also won two Ranvet Stakes and the Chipping Norton Stakes twice.

Super Impose has been at Glenlogan park for 10 years where he has been used as a "nanny" for weanlings.

He has been buried at the property with a tribute stone and plaque erected in his memory.

http://www.racingandsports.com.au/r....asp?NID=101665
Old 27th March 2007, 03:22 PM

Also Rory's Jester has sadly passed away at the ripe old age of 26. He was retired from stud in 2005. He sired some 837 runners including 635 winners and over 70 stakeswinners. In WA he was represented by quality gallopers such as Local Legend, Enchanted Angel, Sammy The Bull, On A Swing and Special Jester. He is also the sire of this years Karrakatta Plate fav, Jestatune.
Old 27th March 2007, 03:24 PM

What a sad day for me, this horse always tried hard and I had my biggest win ever in the Cox Plate at very juicy odds.
I remember the chills I got when he rattled home, it wasn't the money - it was the horse.

Cripes can this day get any worse, old Rory's was also a fave of mine with his baldy face and trademark sprint.

I should go to bed and hope it will all go away
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 28th March 2007, 07:39 AM

Very sad indeed but atleast they got to live a nice long life in race horse terms and weren't pu down after a tragic fall or something RIP old boys.
Old 28th March 2007, 04:46 PM

Yeah, sad to hear of their loss but good they had a long life [in thoroughbred terms]