Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 2nd February 2006, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix
Imagele

Very forthright and challenging views you display.......

You're off the mark with regards to my motives for posting, but you have taken quite a broad brush.... so I don't take your comments to heart.

All the best
Thanks for replying Stix.
I'm sorry I missed your post earlier in the day.
I'm a little surprised that there has not been a bigger response to what was purposely a provocative view.
My opinion was not intended as a personal affront to any individual but rather an attempt to stimulate some interesting discussion.
The forum has become a little benign and dull of late.
Old 3rd February 2006, 07:44 PM

Gday Imagele

back from work.... I assume you wiped the floor with me yesterday? If so good onya

xptdriver@hotmail.com
Old 3rd February 2006, 08:11 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by xptdriver
Gday Imagele

back from work.... I assume you wiped the floor with me yesterday? If so good onya

No gloating from me XP.
Had a good day today though with 3 winners on top in the 1st 3 legs of the Pak. quaddie and 1st and 2nd in the last leg.
Things are going right for a change.
Old 3rd February 2006, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagele
No gloating from me XP.
Had a good day today though with 3 winners on top in the 1st 3 legs of the Pak. quaddie and 1st and 2nd in the last leg.
Things are going right for a change.

Good onya

just catchin up on today.... seems to have been ok

xptdriver@hotmail.com
Old 3rd February 2006, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xptdriver
Good onya

just catchin up on today.... seems to have been ok

Wound up the day X with 3 winners on top and a 2nd. from 4 picks at MV.
Snagged the Quaddie for $10-00. ($200-00/50c. unit.)
A real red letter day for me.
The wash up for Pak. and M. V.- 6 winners on top and 2 2nds. from 8 picks.
Old 3rd February 2006, 10:25 PM

Thumbs up

Imagele, the reason i post some tips is because i like to put the pressure on myself. If i am going to post a tip it means i have studied the race generally to it's entirety (is that a word?) and i always have a decent wager on the tips i post here. I find that my; time studying/profit (+ or -), ratio has a strong correlation, but recently lost interest in spending 3 hours a night doing form, that's why my tips (and subsequently my larger bets) have dried up. I've had a freshen up though and am looking forward to the coming months. As for the ego thing it is hard to fault your argument and there is absolutely an aspect of that into why i post some tips here, is that a bad thing? I don't think so as it ensures integrity in the (tip) suggestion.

Good to see there is some life left in this old forum yet, as for losing Sportz and Stix' tips, that is a shame as they generally and genuinely had a lot of credibility behind them.
Old 3rd February 2006, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr ed
Imagele, the reason i post some tips is because i like to put the pressure on myself. If i am going to post a tip it means i have studied the race generally to it's entirety (is that a word?) and i always have a decent wager on the tips i post here. I find that my; time studying/profit (+ or -), ratio has a strong correlation, but recently lost interest in spending 3 hours a night doing form, that's why my tips (and subsequently my larger bets) have dried up. I've had a freshen up though and am looking forward to the coming months. As for the ego thing it is hard to fault your argument and there is absolutely an aspect of that into why i post some tips here, is that a bad thing? I don't think so as it ensures integrity in the (tip) suggestion.

Good to see there is some life left in this old forum yet, as for losing Sportz and Stix' tips, that is a shame as they generally and genuinely had a lot of credibility behind them.

Thanks for your input Mr Ed.
I appreciate your views and I wish others had responded with their views on this matter.
I think most things we do in life is to do with ego and it's not a bad thing.
Just look at the bragging I've done about my results today.
Look forward to all your posts in the future.
Old 4th February 2006, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr ed
Imagele, the reason i post some tips is because i like to put the pressure on myself.

Unfortunately, I'm the exact opposite. The reason I've stopped posting tips is because I didn't like the pressure I was putting on myself. Well, all I can say is that I had a BRILLIANT day on the punt today and I think a fair bit of that is because I wasn't putting that pressure on myself.

Last edited by Sportz : 4th February 2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 4th February 2006, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
Unfortunately, I'm the exact opposite. The reason I've stopped posting tips is because I didn't like the pressure I was putting on myself. Well, all I can say is that I had a BRILLIANT day on the punt today and I think a fair bit of that is because I wasn't putting that pressure on myself.

Sportz
If I post tips I dont feel any pressure at all because I don't expect anyone to use them unless after a period of time they decide they are worth while.
I also have the choice to post or not post as I see fit.
I would feel pressure if i was being paid to post.
I think it's all about gaining some acceptance among forumites and the comeraderie that it might bring because I have found by and large that the life of a punter can be a lonely one.
There are plenty of hobby punters about but not many serious or educated ones.
(in my area anyway)
Old 6th February 2006, 05:14 PM

Question Question........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
Hey Sportz, Still having fun "playing with yourself"....