Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th September 2006, 10:07 AM

Default Your going down chuck!!!!!

Broncos to win by 13+ this weekend
Wanna bet chuck?

The broncs are on fire and although the storm beat the dragons they were not impressive. I think(and hope) the broncs have too much experience and are to big and strongfor the storm. Man for man i think they are a better team but then again i might be biased. time will tell

GO THE BRONCOS!!!
Old 25th September 2006, 12:16 PM
Banned

Talking

mate how can you say the storm were not impressive against the dragons. Their defence, as per usual, was damn near impenetrable, the dragons just could not break the line all night and the storm just wore them down until they were wrecked (much like a 10-4 i remember this season), before spreading it to the likes of turner, king, inglis etc. to create havoc. i don't think the broncs experience will be a telling factor at all. the storm's success this year has been partly driven by the fact that they ARE a young side, playing with a carefree yet detertmined attitude and thus not letting the pressure get to them in the big games. The storm are deceptively physical and will be able to match with the big guns of brisbane

hodges vs slater - both have been good of late, i'm still worried about them both under pressure but can spark pieces of brilliance - tie

boyd vs turner - two young guys facing up, i think turner has the edge, he is always effective especially out of dummy half without getting recognition and hes a great finisher - storm

tate vs king - i think this is equal, king is the national selection but tate is awesome despite suspect hands. he will be picked on the wing for aus anyway - tie

stagg vs inglis - an absolute no contest. i wondered if stagg actually turned up to aussie stadium on friday night when i was watching because i don't think i saw him the entire match - storm

hunt vs geyer - both haven't been great lately. hunt isn't a winger, geyer is ******** - broncos

lockyer vs hill - lockyer easy - broncos

perry vs cronk - cronk is in line for the aussie halfback job, and should easily account for perry - storm

civoniceva vs kaufusi - both in great form but petrol 7 cents a litre is the proven performer - broncos

berrigan vs smith - berrigan conceded about 3 penalties and lost the ball about as many times last game but no one remembers that. smith is obviously in career best form and could be the difference - storm

webke vs white - brett white is very underrated but webke just - broncos

thaiday vs kidwell - qld rep vs nz rep i think thaiday has been poor of late - tie

thorn vs hoffman - i think hoffman has scored about 12 tries this year and has been good of late. thorn seems to disappear now and again. tie

carroll vs johnson - both tackling machines but carrol just - broncos

so that makes it 5-4 broncos with 4 ties. a very slight margin, and remembering that a champion team will always beat a team of champions - and that the storm work well together and have done all year i think its about equal player for player. and we have a kicker

storm 13+ awesome value he he
Old 25th September 2006, 06:32 PM

Your the one going down punta... You have a alot of nerve trying to talk this up... Storm will win easily... I even give Bris + 12.5 pts... but they still will lose!
Old 26th September 2006, 10:23 AM

lol
its all in good fun

i think u under estimate how much experience will count for in this final
storm have been the best team all year no doubt but a grand final is a whole different ball game
to me the storm were not impressive in attack against the dragons but were very solid in defense as usual

but there was one key match up u missed chuck and one i think will ultimately decide the game and that is bennett v bellamy
20 years at the healm of brisb, 5 premierships, 100% record in finals, too much experience and smarts

anyways i just hope for a good entertaining game

anyone wanna bet, $10, $20 dollars transfer by paypal or into a poker account, ill put my money where my mouth is
Old 2nd October 2006, 11:11 AM
go4it

chuckie boy & his motor mouth mate dc seem to be very quiet since we gave the mexicans the bums rush.

go broncos!!
Old 2nd October 2006, 06:08 PM

Cool

Im not going to comment .. .. paying respect to the Storm...
Old 2nd October 2006, 06:15 PM
Banned

I was barracking for the storm, and ill give credit where its due. Clearly the team who paid the refs the most money won on the night. Well done though
Old 2nd October 2006, 06:55 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORSE WHISPERER
I was barracking for the storm, and ill give credit where its due. Clearly the team who paid the refs the most money won on the night. Well done though

sorry mate but i think the broncos had them covered all over the park on the night. yes melbourne were the best team all year, totally agree they were awsome. but on the night whatever melbourne produced the broncos matched. they had them covered all night and i was never worried about how the result was going to go. melb score the broncos scored next. i think the ref was a poor choice anyway, i would have gone with clark. but under simpkins the storm had won 4 from 4 so how could say ^^^^^ that. bennett is the best coach ever in the game and his record will NEVER be matched. the game in the end came down to experience and melb will derive a lot of benefit from it if they happen to make it next year, which i think they will. bellamy i would say the 2nd best coach in the nrl. and who taught him? cheers bm
Old 2nd October 2006, 08:07 PM
Banned

the broncos were good but disallowing an obvious try to the storm at a vital stage
giving broncos that penalty early for a strip which was clearly a knockon
thats 8 points altogether
what was the final margin again,hmmmm
craig bellamy said he wasnt gonna complain about the ref..fair enuf..what good would it do
remember boys and girls..refereeing in all games is at time flawed..so we have to live with it
i thought the storm were a bit shell shocked about the enormity of the occasion ..whereas the broncos were better prepared
who gives a stuff anyway
bring on 2007 and the return of the best team since 1908
the mighty rabbitohs
Old 3rd October 2006, 10:20 AM

BOOYA BABY!!!!
CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will admit though that some calls were dubious but i do believe that the better team on the night won

my commiserations to chuck and dc, melbourne would have to be specials next year atleast to make the top 4, i no ill back em

anyways brisbane to win it next year again!!!!

GO THE BRONCOS!!!!!!