Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th May 2006, 08:47 AM

Default World Cup betting opens

The world cup market has opened and there are some ridiculous prices available

heres a multi i put on yesterday just because there is some value to it

czech to beat usa
sweden to beat trinidad
argentina to beat ivory coast
mexico to beat iran
italy to beat ghana

i got $7.14 for those games with a lazy fifty on it, hopefully no upsets but it is the world cup and u never know

some value also going around for brazil at $1.36 and serbia at $5 in their respective matches

japan is prob the best value at $3.80 against australia (im gonna cop it for that comment i know)

get in early before they loose their value!!!!!

happy punting
Old 11th May 2006, 01:31 PM

I agree with the Aus v Japan game, a draw likely result for mine.

However, the other fixtures you have just taken the odds on favourites, and I can almost guarantee you at least 3 of those matches won't be as cut and dried as the prices may suggest.

Sweden to beat Trinidad fair call, but I think USA at 4 dollars is greater value than Czech at 2. USA have been in camp over a week now, they are average individuals but as a team unit they are fantastic. How can you forget they beat Portugal in the group stages of the last world cup, paying 6.85!! My dad had them in a treble and he cleaned up @ 42/1 because no1 gave the ?????? yanks a chance, yet they made the last 8. Brian McBride and Darius Beasley have been two of the best players this season and will play major roles in helping the US cause a boilover. Queries on the Czech also as Nedved has been in average form for club and Baros has fallen off the map since he left Liverpool.

Ivory Coast were runners up in the African Cup and their physical style of play will make life hard for the Argies. Having said that, I still expect Argentina to win by the odd goal.

Mexico should beat Iran, but I have a serious query on Italy, at least in the opening stages of the cup. On past efforts they generally start slow and improve as the tournament progresses. I have doubts over Cassano and Totti in the midfield, with Cassano carrying weight and not having played much with Real Madrid this season, and Totti having only returned from his broken foot last week. A positive would be Luca Toni who has really banged in the goals this term but it is still to be seen if he can recreate that form on the international stage. As with the Ivory Coast, Ghana are fit and physical and could cramp Italy's game, another fixture which could surprise.