Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 15th March 2010, 02:49 PM

Default Computer help please

I recently downloaded some free antimalware and ran a scan it picked up a few things and deleted them, you need to re boot which I did but forgot that I was still connected to the internet.

Now when I try to log on I get a message "this version of windows needs to be registered before you can log on, and then prompts for the product key, problem is I inherited this little note book thing "Eee pc" from my late son, and the product key is long gone.

I tried to get in on safe mode but no good, anything I can do?? any help appreciated.
Old 15th March 2010, 03:22 PM

Maybe try contacting Microsoft Australia support about the product key validation issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/?ln=en-au
Old 15th March 2010, 03:54 PM

Thanks for the link there Mr Logic, I've sent them an e-mail we'll see what transpires. I think the problem will be that it came pre loaded and I've got no idea where he bought it. Anyway we'll see.
Old 15th March 2010, 05:57 PM
Suspended

I'm not sure if it is what you want, but try this.

Do a Google of "produkey"

I have this program and it tells me the key for a number of Microsoft programs on my Computer.
It gives me the key serial of about 25 characters that was needed whem I originally installed Windows XP.

I'ld attach it to this post, but I don't know if that is possible because it won't accept .exe files.

EDIT: - I just realized it may be no good because if your Operating System won't start, then you can't run the little program.
Do a Google anyway, you may find someone had a similar problem to you.

Last edited by moeee : 15th March 2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: late addition
Old 15th March 2010, 07:26 PM

Thaks for that Moeee, yes I can do a google on the other comp, i.e. I can't get the notebook open at all not even in safe mode.

I'll give it a try a bit later when the kids are in bed (need peace and quiet) lovely kids mind you!
Old 15th March 2010, 09:48 PM

Microsoft have a number you can call, when it asks you for the product key you should be able to get to a screen to enter a new one look for phone support tell them you need to renter the product key but the sticker on the bottom is unreadable they will ask for installation ID then they will give you new key.
Old 16th March 2010, 12:14 AM

Thanks Shaun , but the problem is that I don't have any of the info that they require as the comp was inherited from my late son.

I'll just wait for a reply, but thanks anyway

Regards partypooper!
Old 16th March 2010, 12:10 PM

A humerous ending for this one, got an e-mail back from Microsoft telling me to contact the manufacturer (passing the buck) so I check under the notebook to look for the manufacturers details and guess what? there is the microsoft sticker complete with the product key!!
Old 16th March 2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Microsoft have a number you can call, when it asks you for the product key you should be able to get to a screen to enter a new one look for phone support tell them you need to renter the product key but the sticker on the bottom is unreadable they will ask for installation ID then they will give you new key.

You will notice in my earlier comment "sticker on the bottom is unreadable" thought you had already looked at it lol