Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th September 2010, 10:24 AM

Smile unitab full form to excel using xml

Good Morning all,

Recently I requested assistance through this forum to try and fix my download macro that allowed me to download all the full form from tabonline (now unitab). The bottom line is that the unitab web page has changed so much, that it actually has rendered my code non-operational.

Firstly I would like to thank all those of this forum that have attempted to assist me in my endeavours to get the old code up and running, I really appreciated your inputs. (Refer "Calling ozdoc" reference in the General forum).

I have come to the conclusion that I need to explore other avenues of getting the unitab full form into an excel spreadsheet, for further analysis. I have noticed the unitab web site has an example of utilizing the form by using XML. I have looked at their example and this will satisfy my download needs. However, before I go and learn XML, to know what I'm doing, thought I'd ask this forum if anyone has already created a download option of xml into excel. If there is anyone that is utilizing this option I would appreciate it if you could assist me.

Thank you, in advance.

gsdanger (Garry)
Old 12th September 2010, 08:34 PM

Did you ever try logging in to get the full form, then look at the "page properties" to see how it dealt with passwords.

I don't use that site, so I can't check.

All you may have to do is copy your username and password from the view page information and insert into your code that doesn't work.
Old 13th September 2010, 04:50 AM

Smile

Thanks Woof43,

I'll try your suggestion. Here's hoping...

Will let you know how is pans out.

gsdanger
Old 27th September 2010, 11:06 AM

Default Method 260

Garry - Don't know if this can help or not but back mid 2009 Kennedy22384 gave us an attachment called Method 260.
Do a search and you should find it.
It's an Excel program that picks up the data from Unitab and processes it.
I don't know anything at all about grabbing data from sites but thought if 260 can get data, you might be able to modify it to do what you want.
I used it yesterday to see if it still works with Unitab and it does.
Hope it helps you.
Old 23rd April 2011, 07:16 PM

Smile ROBOT

Hi All from Robot.
Very interested in Method 260.Being a newcomer.I have successfully downloaded and attempted to run it as outlined .It loaded ok but no fields .Should I be connected by internet to a TAB SITE. If so would NSW Tab suffice as this is my state and betting a/c as without a credit it is easy to top up at an agency .All help would be appreciated.Tom the ROBOT
Old 23rd April 2011, 08:31 PM

It used to work but i think it was getting info from unitab site that you now need to be logged in to the access the form, i know it gets some form fron the ACT tab site but not sure.

Give me a day or so i will look in to it and see where i can get the form from, as long as i can get all the needed form i can use the method to get it working.
Old 24th April 2011, 10:46 AM

Smile robot

Shaun.
Thanks for your reply looking forward to see the results.Also a thankyou for your place system. Been using it for a month and still in front.
Regards Tom the ROBOT
Old 24th April 2011, 11:05 AM

Yes as a standard place system i think it works well.
Old 4th May 2011, 08:07 PM

Default robot

SHAUN. Have you been successful in your updating of method 260 as discussed last week Looking forward to your reply. Maybe your time may have been required for the thread we have had the pleasure of this last month. Regards once again Tom the ROBOT
Old 4th May 2011, 10:30 PM

School holidays mate hard to get things done with kids home, will take a look as soon as i can.