Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 26th April 2004, 11:45 AM

Paddy,
Unfortunately, was conservative in my betting with Freo but the Eagles loss certainly made up for any reduced profit returns...LOL!

Sports, my footy picking this year has been abysmal...have been waiting for the wheels to fall off the Saints incredible run but they are getting better and must be certainties for the finals. Collingwood's wheels have definitely come away... Is Melbourne's recent change in fortunes temporary?
Old 26th April 2004, 01:32 PM
Member.

I don't know. It's an even numbered year which usually means Melbourne does okay. (why they can't do any good in an odd numbered year has me stumped) I'm still not sure about them making the finals though. They rely so much on Neitz. If he gets injured or loses form, they have little or no chance.

As for Collingwood, perhaps losing two GFs in a row has got to them a bit. I expect them to lose this week to Port which will leave them 1 & 5, but if Buckley comes back soon, I still think they have a chance of perhaps sneaking into the finals.

This far out, I think you can pencil the following teams in for the finals:
St Kilda
Brisbane
Port Adelaide
Then, there are 3 more teams which I feel are very likely to make it:
Fremantle
Sydney
Essendon

That leaves the rest battling for 2 spots. At this stage, I'm a bit worried about my Final 8 bet on the Eagles. With Gardiner out for the season, I think they might struggle a bit now. A vital game this week against the Dockers. Bet you're getting excited about that one already Desi! :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-04-26 13:36 ]
Old 26th April 2004, 02:34 PM

Sports,
Can't wait!!! But never go to the game cos I cant stand the Eagles fans...usually means that there will be no-one at the outdoor cafes, tanning lounges and suede and leather shops cos they're at the match LOL!

Dockers have grown strong in confidence and experience and have an excellent coaching and support team...maybe just a few more talls and class players and they will be a dominant team but the club has been patient and done its homework...just to beat the Eagles once in a season used to be all that mattered but they have their problems just like us and hopefully they can regroup and carry the WA footie flag as well!