Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 23rd March 2004, 11:27 AM

At 12/1 Essendon to win the AFL premiership is pretty good value, what are the thoughts of others on the forum?
Old 23rd March 2004, 11:49 AM
Member.

Where are they 12/1? That's not a bad price I guess, but personally I think you should wait until after Round 1. If they get beaten by Port this week (quite likely) their price will go out to 14/1 or something. I know that a lot of the 'experts' from down south are tipping Essendon to do really well this year, but I'm not quite so sure. I do think this is one of the most open seasons I can remember though, so if you like Essendon, by all means back them.

Personally, I'm a Brisbane Lions fan and I'm not at all confident that they can make it 4 in a row.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-03-23 11:58 ]
Old 23rd March 2004, 05:55 PM
Banned

Couldn't win if they started now, only 4 chances this year, BRISBANE, ADELAIDE, WEST COAST and PORT ADELAIDE. The best value, ST KILDA . EDDIEWOOD to choke earlier this year as well as ESSENDOOMED.
Old 24th March 2004, 12:46 PM

Yes, l admit it is hard to back against the Lions and even Port for that matter, but for value's sake Essendon appear strong and dare l say it...Hawthorn??? Goldmember, you are obviously a big AFL fan that doesn't follow Collingwood or Essendon, hate to say it but are your emotions making your mind up for you?
Old 24th March 2004, 02:19 PM
Member.

Stacky69,

If they're 12/1 to win, what are they to make the 8? Perhaps you could wait until next week and then back them to finish in the 8. They'd probably be good value.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-03-24 16:08 ]
Old 24th March 2004, 05:50 PM
Banned

yes stacky, i'm a big rugby league and afl follower, no emotions here friend, iv'e been a collingwood fan since the 80's [still am]but more interest in brisbane in the last couple. as for essendon i can't catch them, there an emigma.
Old 25th March 2004, 12:22 PM

The dreaded Eagles are quietly confident over here and I hate to say it (am a Dockers fan) they may have good reason...full strength playing squad...they looked focussed (saw them training at Subi) rather than just arrogant...Dockers will still be hard to beat over here and may win just enough games over here to slip in to the 8 (well, here's hoping anyway)...as for Essendon...maybe...
Old 25th March 2004, 05:50 PM
Member.

Desi, I'm hoping too because I've actually backed both WA teams to make the 8 this year. I also backed St Kilda for the finals as well. I think that West Coast and Freo will win almost all of their home games and snag enough away wins to get in. As for St Kilda, I think they are a really improving side and I reckon they can make it this year. I'm going to wait until after Round 1 to see what happens to to the final 8 price of a few other teams, particularly Essendon. I may back them as well.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-03-25 18:00 ]
Old 29th March 2004, 02:14 PM
Banned

I didn't think EDDIEWOOD and ESSENDOOMED Would choke this early , but they were absolutely outclassed in every department. I backed colling wood , they had a very stong team, NEVER, EVER again and essendon, well i said it before and i'll say it again there an enigma.
cheers
Old 30th March 2004, 01:39 AM

Might be worth a bet you reckon (Essendon) for the 8 etc...what are they paying now?

Sports, should have put a couple on St K before last weekend's game mate...

Was that a one hit wonder from the Roos or do they have credentials this year...don't know too much about this year's squad...