Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th October 2002, 10:42 AM

I don't mind 2 or 3 management promotional postings at the top of the forum. There are now 8 which constantly get shifted to the top. Annoying at times.

The forum IS managed very well.
Old 11th October 2002, 01:34 PM

It may be a nuisance at times, but after all this is a free forum for everyone. Propun could make it a forum only for members who purchased their racing packages. I am sure it is worth the occasional annoyance to share some great ideas with others.
Old 11th October 2002, 01:45 PM

Horse Cents, we are aware of that and are working on a programme so that only one or two Management postings go to the top at any time.

Thanks for your kind words about the management of the Forum. The moderators are all doing a wonderful job. Compared to many other forums I have seen which self destruct this forum has intelligent discussion and is free of bad language and personal abuse. That is why it is increasing in popularity all the time.

Management.
Old 11th October 2002, 02:06 PM

I agree with most of what's been written.

* The advertising postings are a bit of a nuisance, however it's a small price to pay and Pro-pun have every right to as they are the ones who have invested in the forum.

* The time and effort to moderate is well appreciated and worthwhile in my view. There is no doubt this is the best forum on the web. Most of the others are nothing more than dribble and personal slanging matches between contributors who ego's have clearly outgrown their racing brains.

* This is not a criticism of this forum, but forums in general. There does not seem to be a place for those to go who are interested and wish to engage in serious form and punting principles discussion. I see forums as an opportunity to share knowledge and also learn something in return.

As an avid semi-pro Black Jack player for many years I found the the forum set up on BJ21.com unreal. There was a public forum for anyone, but then the green chip and black chip forums for more serious BJ students. The green chip forum costs $12US per quarter to join but was well worthwhile. It contained serious players interested in discussing detailed concepts to improve your game. The black chip forum was $100 and was open by invitation only. It was the next level again and included some of the best minds and players ever to sit down at a table. Experiencing the discussion in that forum was something to behold.

Alas there is nothing like that for horse racing, at least in Australia.

As an example, Rogan posts the fields for the upcoming major races and then a host of people reply but with nothing more than a one line tip for the race. There is no discussion as to why they think that way. I have nothing against people doing this and people are not obliged to divulge their reasons but personally i see little point sharing a simple tip, what do we learn from that?

As someone interested in sharing my own knowledge and learning from others wouldn't it be far more beneficial if people actually posted with their thoughts on how the race will be run, who they think the main chances are, what elements of the horses form they see as positive and negative, how they think the best way would be to bet the race etc. etc.

Wouldn't we all learn more from this productive discussio?

My two cents worth anyway.

Old 11th October 2002, 04:04 PM

I couldn't agree more! Sorry that's only 1 line!
Old 11th October 2002, 10:01 PM

I agree with above. I don't like the management ads but it's a small price to pay to be part of a great forum.
I tried the UK forum but I found it to be nowhere near the same class. I think I'll stick to this one.

[ This Message was edited by: croft on 2002-10-12 13:37 ]
Old 12th October 2002, 12:45 AM

Hey David, think you are being a wee bit harsh on the UK forum!

osulldj & thekey - lead by example, they will follow! :wink:

Old 12th October 2002, 08:37 AM

Hi, Thanks for the feed back. I fully agree that our forum is well managed and full of informed postings.

I also look through the main pages on the Propun main site and newsletters. These contain many informative articles by the propun team.

So a big thanks to Neil, Quapi and all forum contributors for ideas on making a profit from racing.

ps. The mortgage checker offer is worth the money and also had excellent service from Mark Reads Darwin Allsports site.

[ This Message was edited by: Horse cents on 2002-10-12 09:43 ]
Old 12th October 2002, 09:32 AM

Thanks for your kind words Horse cents and testimonial for our Mortgage Watchdog promotion. We will shortly examine the Forum proposal you mentioned.
Management.