Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd February 2007, 11:18 PM

Default Why Chicago will win the Superbowl

Why Chicago will win the Superbowl

Defence wins superbowls – it’s a fact. Statistics show that defence is more important than offence when it comes to winning the superbowl. The last six winners were teams all built around a good defence. Buffalo, who had arguably the best offence of all time lost four consecutive superbowls (1991-1994). It is unbelievable that most of the experts are tipping an Indianapolis Colts victory in Superbowl 41. Why are they so short in the betting? Is it because of QB Peyton Manning and his long passes into the end zone combined with the flashy offence that scores touch downs quicker than any other team in the competition? Or is it just because the colts are representing the AFC which is considered to be much stronger than the NFC in recent history?
I am going against the experts and tipping a Chicago Bears victory in the SB this weekend. Just for the record I have never tipped a loser of the superbowl (I have been following the game for four years). This game reminds me a lot of the 2003 SB between Tampa Bay and Oakland. No one gave Tampa Bay a chance going into the game because they were playing the side with the best offence in the competition. The Buccaneers that year had one of the best defences in the NFL and showed Oakland up that year by scoring more points with their defence than what Oakland did with their so called potent offence when thrashing them 48-21. I like the way Chicago score their points. A good balance of scoring from their offence, defence and special teams. This year they have been able to win in shootouts as well as tough defensive battles. I was in Arizona early in the season when they come back from over 20 points down to snatch an impossible win. Indianapolis did the same last week against New England but that was in the comfort of their indoor stadium which they wont have the luxury of on Sunday. Indys away record is terrible (lost last 4). They lost games to lowly rated sides like Houston and Tennessee during the latter part of the season. Manning has a terrible record on the road. He has thrown more interceptions than TDs (7-6). If the weather is cold, wet or windy in Miami on Sunday then that will further increase my confidence of a Bears win. Indianapolis will be forced to run the ball more and pass less in any of these above mentioned conditions. Chicago simply have to run the ball on offence. The third and short conversions are going to be crucial. Don’t be surprised if QB Rex Grossman chimes in with some big passing plays more often than expected. Chicago have a great running game and Indy have a weak run defence although they have improved this season. Chicago looked sensational in shutting down one of the best offences in New Orleans in the NFC championship game. If their defence plays like it has all year and the offence mixes up the rushing and passing game to perfection then the colts are going to be in for a tough game. Indianapolis are going to have to pass less and score less quickly so their defence get a chance to catch their breath. Time of possession in this game is going to be a significant factor. If the Chicago offence can move the chains on a regular basis and keep the Indianapolis offence of the field for as long as possible then they are going to be a huge chance. I am very confident of a bears victory and are tipping them to win 27-17
Old 5th February 2007, 10:28 AM

Exclamation

How about that for a start!!!
Old 7th February 2007, 09:07 AM

Talking

Totally agreed with the defence side of things to win the superbowl. Credit to my colts improved post season defence. Well done guys!! $ or so months ago I tipped 3 teams that could win the superbowl and Indy was one of those teams. So im happy this year. And Peyton Manning is guy who deserves his ring. Now a living legend. Cheers breadman.