Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th January 2013, 07:23 PM

Thanks pjr.

Appreciate that.. Hats off to you on your hard work and success with the recovery solutions and automation thereafter.

Cheers LG
Old 25th January 2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surround
Hi TO
I've been away from the forum for yonks and have just started to get interested again.
I recently came across a site that has a number of staking plans in excel format readily available to download.
If you Google "Rising Floor Staking Plan" or "Rated Rising Floor Staking Plan" you'll find them easily enough.
One of them "could" be what you want.
If you can't find let me know.
Best of luck with it.

Bob

Thanks for the information Bob. I had a look to follow up your link but had no success, any chance of some more information.

Regards

Pete
Old 25th January 2013, 10:17 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
Thanks for the information Bob. I had a look to follow up your link but had no success, any chance of some more information.

Regards

Pete

I also had a look and found it under the rated rising floor staking system. I downloaded the spreadsheets and filled in some figures and....it doesn't work. Nothing happens. Maybe it's just me though.

I just had a thought though (I know, scary ). With the (at the moment) 90% daily strike rate and losing more than I win should I have a losing day then maybe I really should be looking at some type of reversed lay staking plan rather than a back staking plan.

I'm having a look at that staking machine web site and you can download a free version but it's saying you can only input 10 bets. How does that work?

I was running though their various back staking plans though until the light bulb just went off hitting me in the head.

I'll investigate further.

By the way, another winning day today and the last 13 days of November were also all winning days. I'll also keep back checking as I go along to see if this is some sort of freak run or something (what else could explain it)?

― Earl Nightingale
Old 25th January 2013, 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=The Ocho]I also had a look and found it under the rated rising floor staking system. I downloaded the spreadsheets and filled in some figures and....it doesn't work. Nothing happens. Maybe it's just me though.

I just had a thought though (I know, scary ). With the (at the moment) 90% daily strike rate and losing more than I win should I have a losing day then maybe I really should be looking at some type of reversed lay staking plan rather than a back staking plan.

I'm having a look at that staking machine web site and you can download a free version but it's saying you can only input 10 bets. How does that work?

I was running though their various back staking plans though until the light bulb just went off hitting me in the head.

I'll investigate further.

By the way, another winning day today and the last 13 days of November were also all winning days. I'll also keep back checking as I go along to see if this is some sort of freak run or something (what else could explain it)? [/QUOTE

You did beter then me, I could find nothing on the spreadsheets, I will have another play though.

As far as The Staking Machine goes, I believe it is fully functional in the trial version but only allows you ten input selections, but that should be enough to work out what the Software is capable off.

But, for our needs here, it gives in full, all the various Staking Plans that can be factored into the software. At this stage, you are only interested in the various plans and what they can do.

I found some I had never heard off before. Let me know if you can get the info on these plans otherwise I will have to show you where to get them from.

Pete
Old 25th January 2013, 11:51 PM

Thanks Star for the offer but I've had a bit of a play around with that staking machine but couldn't really find anything that's aggressive to get back to square as soon as possible yet gentle enough if another loss comes along.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 26th January 2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
Thanks Star for the offer but I've had a bit of a play around with that staking machine but couldn't really find anything that's aggressive to get back to square as soon as possible yet gentle enough if another loss comes along.

Yes! That's the major problem with loss chasing as I see it. Maybe, not letting the sequence run to long is a consideration.

I think, maybe, it might just have to be a trade off, nothing perfect, but something that keeps you in the game, controls your losses to a degree, until you have a golden run, or a few high priced winners.

I can see no other way, especially with my style of betting, strike rate, prices and luck.

Pete
Old 26th January 2013, 10:03 AM

TO, if your SR is up around 90% have you considered setting up the BOT with a percentage of bank stake but then don't allow the BOT to drop the stake on a loss? Not exactly a loss recovery system but it might be a safer way to decrease the time in recovering a loss.
Old 26th January 2013, 10:32 AM

Ocho,

If you can get SR to 85%+, 5% of bank increasing at +1 unit after a loss and resetting to 1 unit after the next win seems to work ok. Should mean that Bank will not bust or anywhere near it, assuming you retain the high strike level. NO need for a more highly geared progression eg Fibonacci as this will also increase losses and turnover without adding significantly to ROI = bank, if at all !

LG
Old 26th January 2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs
TO, if your SR is up around 90% have you considered setting up the BOT with a percentage of bank stake but then don't allow the BOT to drop the stake on a loss? Not exactly a loss recovery system but it might be a safer way to decrease the time in recovering a loss.

I'm not betting this yet but that is exactly what I am considering doing - ratchet staking instead of level stakes however I am still considering whether I will be using some type of recovery.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 26th January 2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
Ocho,

If you can get SR to 85%+, 5% of bank increasing at +1 unit after a loss and resetting to 1 unit after the next win seems to work ok. Should mean that Bank will not bust or anywhere near it, assuming you retain the high strike level. NO need for a more highly geared progression eg Fibonacci as this will also increase losses and turnover without adding significantly to ROI = bank, if at all !

LG

So what you're saying is betting at level stakes (1 unit) and if there is a loser raise it 1 unit (to 2 units?) for only the one bet? That means I'd only recover 1 unit for the approximate 6 unit loss I would have had.

I'm currently thinking of slowly going up in stakes to about either 3 or 4 units if there are a number of losses and capping it there.

The other thing I haven't taken into account is that all this recovery just gets me back to zero rather than making $1 (or 1 unit) per day. Say if it takes 4 days to recover after a loss I should really be +5 units at the end of the 5 days (1 losing day and 4 winning day) rather than back to zero.

I'll have to think a bit more about it.

Just to let you guys know I've now checked back to the start of November 2012:

January 2013 so far - 25 days, 24 winning days, 1 losing day, Level stakes profit $19.73 ($1 amount to win)
December 2012 – 30 days, 26 winning days, 4 losing days, Level stakes profit $9.89 ($1 amount to win)
November 2012 – 30 days, 28 winning days, 2 losing days, Level stakes profit $18.97 ($1 amount to win)

So total 85 days with 78 winning days & 7 losing days, Level stakes profit $48.59 ($1 amount to win).

This is a 91.7% daily strike rate.

The average of the 7 losing days is -4.2 units with the highest being -7.71 units and the lowest being -1.32 units.

So I'll keep my recovery centered around a 6 unit loss for thinking purposes as that would ideally be the maximum loss per losing day.

― Earl Nightingale