Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 24th May 2006, 02:03 PM
Banned

Default State of Origin 1

Being from the southern states, I have no idea about this, but would still like to have a small interest bet for when I watch. Any tips?
Old 24th May 2006, 02:41 PM
Suspended

Default ?

Given Greyhounds the ???? already after I gave you some great tips?
Old 24th May 2006, 03:43 PM

Inglis to Score first try might be paying a bit.

I would think QLD is the side who will win. (even though I am from NSW).

Good Luck.
Old 24th May 2006, 05:06 PM

Wink moeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
Given Greyhounds the ???? already after I gave you some great tips?

prolly not mate, just playing up all of his winning!!!
Old 24th May 2006, 07:43 PM
Banned

not at all moeee , just cant believe the price of NSW , maybe they are all sick, or backed QLD !!!

i have backed blues just due to price , as with home ground advantage and i see QLD have never won at telstra stadium they look value.
Old 24th May 2006, 08:36 PM

They sure were value.

Only a quarter of the game gone and I think I can already say that State Of Origin is just about dead. If Queensland can't even be competitive with the injuries and disruption that NSW had this time, then what hope have they got in future???
Old 24th May 2006, 08:56 PM

Sportz,

To be fair. The first try came from a mistake ... so lets say that was lucky.
The second try was a good one although again was presented due to a QLD mistake. If Bowen could ever stop Mason 1 on 1 I would be amazed. The third came from a mistake again .. Lockyer kicks out on the full.

If the queenslanders could stop all these mistakes the game would be much closer.

But NSW do look like they are dominating, especially in the forwards.
Old 24th May 2006, 03:54 PM

DP,

I have to say that I jumped in and backed NSW last week when they were only $1.70. Silly move!!! The team is weaker now and you'll be able to get $2.10 or something at kickoff time. But the fact is that I ALWAYS back NSW against Qld at Telstra Stadium, and I'm well ahead for doing so.

There is a concerted betting move on Qld right now and come game time, they're likely to be clear cut favourites. That's mainly on the back of Brett Finch being brought in as a late replacement at half back. He's probably NSW's 4th or 5th choice in the position and not a very popular choice either from NSW supporters. Many are seeing him as the weak link in the team.

Overall, despite the injuries, it's still a strong team that NSW have picked. If Gower was there, I would have no hesitation in picking NSW. With Finch there instead, well I'm not quite so sure now. Qld have a classy in form backline that could have a slight edge over NSW, but Origin matches are often won in the forwards and that's where I think NSW have the advantage. We still don't know for sure if Buderus will play, but if he doesn't, Priddis will be a very capable replacement.

I keep coming back to the fact that NSW have NEVER lost to Qld at this ground in 10 previous meetings. I agree that with no Johns, Barrett, Kennedy, Minichello or Gower playing for NSW, this is certainly Qld's best chance, but do you want to take $1.70-$1.80 about a team when history shows they simply don't win there.

In summing up, I'm not really sure what advice I can give you as to a bet on the game. If this was just an ordinary game of football, I'd probably say no bet. All of NSW's disruptions have really thrown the game wide open now and given Qld a damn good chance. All I can say is that NSW are going to end up being pretty good odds for a team which is still quite strong and has such an incredible record at this ground.
Old 24th May 2006, 04:30 PM

this brings us back to that thread a while back.. NSW have won 10 times at this ground. Well will this streak continue.. Im gonna stay outta tonights game, and probally pick Matt Bowen as first try scorer.