Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th June 2002, 08:03 PM

Which formguides are the best in people's opinions??

I use the Courier Mail from Friday. Similar to SMH. Has all I need except 2nd up form (What don't they include it?) and $/race. Would be perfect if they had $/race and 2nd up form.

I did buy Best Bets for a while - but I found not having odds annoying. Otherwise it was good though - the part where they provide on-pace and backmarkers horses was good. Tips were usually ok, especially Melb ones.

Sportsman is full of good info, but I found that it had too much info - which confused the betting situation. $/race section is good though.

I have never bought the wizard? Are there any Wizard users out there? What are the benefits of it's form guide?

Don't like the Telegraph - not enough facts, too much subjective opinion.

A combination of the Sportsman, Courier Mail and Best Bets would be ideal for me.
Old 9th June 2002, 08:49 PM

Hi Chief,

I buy the Sportsman for Saturday's racing. I find it has everything I need and it is as comprehensive as anything else around. The chartform is brilliant for initial assessments and is well set out. Other times I might take a look at internet form via Racenet or RSB. They're OK for freebies.
Old 17th June 2002, 11:44 PM

Disagree Tulloch, a good formguide with vital information is essential. Your daily newspaper has fields and recent form but not enough in depth information to handicap a race yourself.

A great formguide such as Sportsman is well worth the $4.50 if you are serious about the punt. It contains information such as stewards reports,trial form and comprehensive analysis of each horses wins.

A good formguide is information to make an informed judgement not a system.