Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th September 2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattio
Why bother, you will still think my systems are rediculously backfitted and yours aren't and I will still think you have no idea, nothing will get resolved so let's leave it at that.

Didn't think you'd be able to back up your assertions mattio ..... Your system leaving out Melb and Syd is similar to targetting selected racecourses just because there was some success in the past, regardless of the fact it's illogical.

My systems, granted they have few bets, are based on logic. Yes, I do have several filters that can be applied to any logical system and guaranteed to improve the POT. There have been many systems posted on here claiming POT's of 50% to 100% which when tested for logic cannot possibly stand the test of time, and, when tested on an accurate database over a decent trial period show a loss, not the POT claimed. One prolific poster of systems must have a very friendly database that only shows up POT no matter what rubbish is entered.

My systems are logical and also shy away from what is traditionally sought after by 99% of punters. You can backfit anything mattio but without logic it wont be successful.

Hope this has been of some help to you mattio, and your new found buddy moeee.
Old 6th September 2012, 04:03 PM

Barny, you are obviously of the belief that all filters work on all tracks and in all states, this is simply not true. Sydney and Melbourne have so many tracks that all play differently whereas Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth have only a couple of tracks making the racing much more consistent, even if the class of racing is not as strong.

The same goes for ratings and pre-post prices, some have much better success in certain states and even certain tracks so "blanketing" everything is not logical.

If you were smart you would use your database to find what works best at different tracks, states, meeting types (M,P,C) and any number of other variables. I have started betting a new group of systems that are based on strengths at certain tracks and so far my forward testing has mirrored by backtesting - today at Cranbourne was a great example with winners in races 1,2 5 (check the divs) from only 5 selections.

If you can't/won't agree with the statements I have made then you are oblivious to any kind of reasoning and I wish you all the best with your own systems. Mine do just fine and I actually bet on them as well.
Old 6th September 2012, 04:03 PM
Vortech

By Leaving out the main Metro tracks can sometimes work under certain filters. Under no circumstance does it mean its filtered.

Why would you critised someone trying to help another member with a couple of new filters to their original system. It helps the POT out and gets some interest out of the other member.

Horse racing and punting is not all about one way is the only way.
Old 6th September 2012, 05:27 PM

Default Still thinking

I can see that it would properly work better with distance horses because they run to get fit and can be misjudged were as over the shorter distances could be good lays for a varity of reasons. I agree with the tab numbers as the handicapper can class better than I can and I have always used tab number to separate horses rather than price –this is more of an average thing so long as you use it with reason.( Sydney and Melbourne have so many tracks that all play differently whereas Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth have only a couple of tracks making the racing much more consistent, even if the class of racing is not as strong.)The track part I am not sure and what you say makes sence. So for me that system comes down to one factor the best price markets are Syd and Melb looking at the bookies % and not that it wont work long term but for me the fact that it doesn’t work in these two states only adds to the percentage you have to beat long term. If it was the other way around great but you can only work with the figures you have and its best to know rather than continue on blindly with out any chance and so the facts are don’t bet in Syd or Melb or under 1600 meters and stay with the better class horses.
Old 6th September 2012, 07:50 PM

Default i just wonder

The other thing for Syd and Melb may be the class rises are greater ,simply meaning if you cant win one grade down your chances are greatly reduced be cause you really do meet a better horse. I have never seen a study on horse’s wins or placings going up or down in class let alone on diffrent tracks have always worked on the assumption that a horse in the same or down in class would be a better chance given all being equal over time but have no idea how this affects price.
Old 6th September 2012, 08:03 PM

Default Winning and raving

The other thing for Syd and Melb may be the class rises are greater simply meaning if you cant win one grade down your chances are greatly reduced be cause you really do meet a better horse. I have never seen a study on horse’s wins or placings going up or down in class have always worked on the assumption that a horse in the same or down in class would be a better chance given all being equal over time but have no idea how this affects price.

Just reading through prepost prices I once did a study going back 5 years using the Courier Mail Syd /Bris not so good but in Melb it broke even at starting price- still had a health run of outs- this was a long time ago and properly gives me a Melb bias I still wonder if we had bob back then how I would have gone. This brings back memories, I also remember the top rated in the sportsman when it was No 1 also broke even over the same period B/S/M These are both one rule could be a good start.
Old 6th September 2012, 09:48 PM

ianian,

Because Sydney and Melbourne have the best racing and the better class of horses, you can assume that the races are going to be harder to win with all these good horses competing for the bigger prizemoney so it is logical (?!) that there could be an edge to looking outside of these areas when we are talking about a mechanical system.

When it comes to the way I develop systems I look at filters that either eliminate horses or eliminate races, eliminating poor races is just as effective as eliminating poor horses and from a systems point of view, sometimes races form punters view as good betting races can actually be poor from a system point of view.

These are just my thoughts mate, I do quite well from the systems I develop but always test yourself as past results don't guarantee future profits. Good luck.

On the subject of pre-post there are some absolute gems to be had using the pre-post favourite as the starting filter.

Cheers,

Mat.
Old 6th September 2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattio
ianian,

Because Sydney and Melbourne have the best racing and the better class of horses, you can assume that the races are going to be harder to win with all these good horses competing for the bigger prizemoney so it is logical (?!) that there could be an edge to looking outside of these areas when we are talking about a mechanical system.

When it comes to the way I develop systems I look at filters that either eliminate horses or eliminate races, eliminating poor races is just as effective as eliminating poor horses and from a systems point of view, sometimes races form punters view as good betting races can actually be poor from a system point of view.

These are just my thoughts mate, I do quite well from the systems I develop but always test yourself as past results don't guarantee future profits. Good luck.

On the subject of pre-post there are some absolute gems to be had using the pre-post favourite as the starting filter.

Cheers,

Mat.

Well constructed Mattio. You are spot on the money here. Eliminating losing situations is vital to making a profit. Some will call it back-fitting, but when you have done the work you know you now have a clear view of the future. You are a closer knit to Logic than any imposter. Thanks for your contribution.
Old 6th September 2012, 10:20 PM

Thanks RR, your comments are appreciated.

Cheers,

Mat.
Old 6th September 2012, 10:28 PM

Default Diffrent but the same

I under stand about the race class thing as I have found group racing was really bad for 1st and 2nd P/P favs which is why they are properly good value for over’s as the percentage has to go somewhere owing to the fact every body wants a piece of the good horse and the bookies don’t have a problem laying them.

Even though I generally don’t bet in maid through to class 5 as a rule more so to rely on class helping the form and sometimes its hard to break old habits from doing form as systems are about finding the winner at the right price any where you can which is not quite the same as doing from because you need the form to work across the field to give you the best chance of success on overs.