Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th August 2001, 09:29 PM

Hi all,
I'm looking for a staking plan to go with my place betting. I get around 75% strike rate for an average div. of 1.40. Can anyone help?
Old 13th August 2001, 09:46 PM

Hi Holley,
On my calculations 75% at $1.40 gives you 5% POT which is very acceptable for place betting.
Level stakes are by far the safest.

You could try a 50% of the initial stake increase after each losing bet.
Eg 10,15,20,25,30 and keep your bet at the higher level until a profit is shown.
If a win with the $30 bet doesn't give you an overall profit because you have already lost $70,then keep your next bet at $30. If it wins and you show an overall profit, go back to $10. If it loses go up to $35.
However in my view it would still be preferable to find a bet level which you are comfortable with and level stake.
Old 14th August 2001, 09:32 PM

my only suggestion to improve on this is to open tab accounts in qld, nsw, vic to take advantage of fluctuations between states, this may add up to 20% to your bottom line which is significant. naturally you would need to bet right at jump to optimize potential .. bris
Old 5th September 2001, 04:44 PM
zoon

Hi Holley, I think I may have a plan that you are looking for with the strike rate and average odds you mention. I like to bet for the place myself and use it. Keen to hear what your system is and happy to share info if you are. If you have Microsoft Works I can send you a copy of a spreadsheet with all the workouts on it and then you could test it with your past results and seee if you like it. Email me if you are keen to swap.Thanks, Zoon.
Old 6th September 2001, 08:17 PM

Zoon,
thanks for the offer, but I dont have microsoft works. Currently Iam testing a staking plan on past results which I'm quite happy with. Over the past 6 Saturdays I've had 55 bets for 44 places for a profit of around 8.9 units at level stakes. The staking plan increases the profit to around 9.75 units. I don't usually talk about the method I use only because it's so basic, it's a bit embarrasing comparing it to other more 'scientific' methods!
Cheers, Holley
Old 6th September 2001, 08:19 PM

Zoon,
thanks for the offer, but I dont have microsoft works. Currently Iam testing a staking plan on past results which I'm quite happy with. Over the past 6 Saturdays I've had 55 bets for 44 places for a profit of around 8.9 units at level stakes. The staking plan increases the profit to around 9.75 units. I don't usually talk about the method I use only because it's so basic, it's a bit embarrasing comparing it to other more 'scientific' methods!
Cheers, Holley
Old 13th September 2001, 03:24 PM

Holly - u seem to take your racing systems fairly seriously. Simple systems are not necessarily worse than complicated ones...