Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 7th May 2010, 11:57 AM

Default Gold Coast Tomorrow

Hi all,

It's TheSchmile here, formally known as Two Shoes. I hope everyone is in fine fettle!

Found a few good value runners tomorrow and I thought I'd share and possibly spark some debate.

Gold Coast

Race 5 no. 14 Verballed - Led for a long way at Gosford last start against the likes of Latin News. Has barrier 14 but should push to the front and give a great sight. Currently $26 win and $7.25 the place TAB fixed, a good each way proposition.
Dangers - 2, 3, 4 (obvious)

Race 6 no. 1 Phelan Ready - Not too long ago ran this race:
02 of 11 ¾ len, lng hd M VN 25Sep09 WFA 1200 Slow MANIKATO (Gr 1) 510k S Katsidis (8) 52 (L: WFA) Btg:$16 $17; 1-12.58 (600/36.43) 1-Danleigh (K McEvoy, 1) 58.5; 3-Nicconi
He beat the likes of Nicconi home that day. I fancy his first up effort was just a pipe opener and anyone who remembers his magic millions win on this course and distance will recall he flew home from the back of the field. Again go each way. $15 win $4.50 the place fixed odds.

Race 7 no. 7 Rockdale - Might struggle a touch for class, but this boy SWIMS!! They should change his name to Thorpy!! Will give massive cheek from the front. Is 4th up which is perfect and if the track stays heavy will be right in it!! Most of the runners don't look fully wound up and I feel the heavy track might nullify Road to Rock. We shall see.....$16 win $4 place.

Race 8 no. 1 Mr Baritone - Being a singer myself, I always have a cheeky bet on this one when the time is right and he hasn't disappointed over the years. Has put in some massive runs behind Hot Danish and co. recently and if he's near his best will donkey lick these! Up and comer Cornwall Park is favourite and faces the acid test today. Hopefully the fat lady and the rotound gentlemen will sing in unison and get the old boy over the line!! $5 win $2 place
Danger - Longshot no. 2 RAMPANT LION $21 win $6 place. Loves it heavy. Won 1st up last prep.

Best of Luck everyone!!

p.s. I'm only using the TAB fixed odds as a guide, I rarely back them unless I see massive value.

Please feel free to add your two bob.

TheSchmile
Old 7th May 2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchmile
Hi all,

It's TheSchmile here, formally known as Two Shoes. I hope everyone is in fine fettle!

Found a few good value runners tomorrow and I thought I'd share and possibly spark some debate.

Gold Coast

Race 5 no. 14 Verballed - Led for a long way at Gosford last start against the likes of Latin News. Has barrier 14 but should push to the front and give a great sight. Currently $26 win and $7.25 the place TAB fixed, a good each way proposition.
Dangers - 2, 3, 4 (obvious)

Race 6 no. 1 Phelan Ready - Not too long ago ran this race:
02 of 11 ¾ len, lng hd M VN 25Sep09 WFA 1200 Slow MANIKATO (Gr 1) 510k S Katsidis (8) 52 (L: WFA) Btg:$16 $17; 1-12.58 (600/36.43) 1-Danleigh (K McEvoy, 1) 58.5; 3-Nicconi
He beat the likes of Nicconi home that day. I fancy his first up effort was just a pipe opener and anyone who remembers his magic millions win on this course and distance will recall he flew home from the back of the field. Again go each way. $15 win $4.50 the place fixed odds.

Race 7 no. 7 Rockdale - Might struggle a touch for class, but this boy SWIMS!! They should change his name to Thorpy!! Will give massive cheek from the front. Is 4th up which is perfect and if the track stays heavy will be right in it!! Most of the runners don't look fully wound up and I feel the heavy track might nullify Road to Rock. We shall see.....$16 win $4 place.

Race 8 no. 1 Mr Baritone - Being a singer myself, I always have a cheeky bet on this one when the time is right and he hasn't disappointed over the years. Has put in some massive runs behind Hot Danish and co. recently and if he's near his best will donkey lick these! Up and comer Cornwall Park is favourite and faces the acid test today. Hopefully the fat lady and the rotound gentlemen will sing in unison and get the old boy over the line!! $5 win $2 place
Danger - Longshot no. 2 RAMPANT LION $21 win $6 place. Loves it heavy. Won 1st up last prep.

Best of Luck everyone!!

p.s. I'm only using the TAB fixed odds as a guide, I rarely back them unless I see massive value.

Please feel free to add your two bob.

TheSchmile

Mr Baritone is a chaff bandit he won't donkey lick any field but he should run well. Baqaba a big threat in that race
Old 7th May 2010, 01:14 PM
Banned

Rampant Lion looks the best value in the race. E/W all day.
Old 7th May 2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makybe Diva
Baqaba a big threat in that race

Can't argue with that comment Makybe Diva, consistent horse, won t/d and will appreciate the ground drying out to a Slow 7 as it stands at the moment.