Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th November 2014, 12:59 PM

PS thanks for your input on this thread gentlemen and also for your kind words around whether I was checking the form guide upstairs or downstairs these days.

You are all FIRST CLASS in my book lads fwiw

Cheers LG
Old 5th November 2014, 01:20 PM

michaelg, TAB ProBet is direct to TAB VIC/NSW totes. Only mentioned it because of your trifecta flexi. You are right, not useful at all for laying.
Old 5th November 2014, 01:22 PM

Ratings, Tips, Opinions. What one hand gives, another takes away. I had one set of ratings that gave the winner as top rated. But it also gave Red Cadeaux last rank. The barman about sixth. Then if you play the what if game, where are you? The winner had the field split at the exact time he needed, jumped up a notch and ploughed home.
Old 5th November 2014, 02:54 PM

Protectionist only failed the last start within 17 days rule. The Grp requirements were more as a secondary set if I get too many selections. I don't know what I said about that last year but I didn't ever intend to make it a primary rule.
The 17 days rule was put in to make it easier to eliminate o/s horses having their first start this campaign. I don't like horses having a 24 day break before a 2 mile race and I'm happy to have the rule in next year.
Back to the drawing board after 1 failure in 7 years? Don't think so, Ocho. I was quite prepared for it to fail as I have been every year since 2008 and I've mentioned this each year that I've put the horses up.

Last edited by SpeedyBen : 5th November 2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 5th November 2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
The winner had the field split at the exact time he needed, jumped up a notch and ploughed home.
You can turn this around and say that the winner, both horse and jockey were good enough to take advantage of the field splitting.
Also the good ones make their own luck in racing.
My selection had an open field wide enough for a herd of elephants and did nothing.
Old 5th November 2014, 06:01 PM

Thanks for putting your thoughts up again Speedy. A near miss this year but you are well ahead overall.
Old 5th November 2014, 08:00 PM

Wink

Onya, Rails.
If I'd told someone in 2008 my selection method would fare as well as it has they would have found it difficult to believe. I find it difficult to believe. It's a bolody 20+ horse race with a million variables when the gates crash back. The winner fell into an unusual category with a 24 day gap between runs. He is the only one in 7 years in my original groups that has had that form pattern.
I thought about whether to include him and decided against it as I will do next year if something similar arises.
Old 5th November 2014, 09:06 PM

I may have been a tad harsh there SB. Sorry about that Chief!

I was just hoping to have a good day for my mate's cup day syndicate but alas we did no good on the day at all and lost our shirts (but that's another story).

Your barman pick though got me the chocies with place bets parlays so I (myself) won on the day. Thanks.

― Earl Nightingale