Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th January 2009, 10:35 PM

Question Excel Help Please

Hello all

I recently purchased Racecensus (and very pleased with it) and am contemplating exporting data to Excel to allow me to produce and test ratings that pre-date my own ratings which go back only as far as 2006.

One problem I reckon I'll face is in the use of the MAX function in Excel which I use to create ratings for specific elements of form. I've attached a very simple example to try and explain things better.

The problem I envisage is that the MAX function is applied to the runners in a specific race only and because each race in the database will have varying numbers of runners, I will need to manually change my MAX formula to accommodate the number of runners (ie: rows) every time I come to a new race in the spreadsheet. A total nightmare I reckon...

If I've explained this OK I was wondering if anyone out there has a solution that would allow the formula to be copied down an entire column in the spreadsheet without the need to manually change it every time there's a change in race?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - including "don't bother"!!!!

Thanks all

Sparky
Attached Files
File Type: xls Example Rating1.xls (22.0 KB, 896 views)