Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 27th July 2004, 07:09 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

Nice to be here.

Well I'm no expert but I do enjoy a punt. I enjoy success with some sports more than others.

Motor sports are ok, a small profit of 4% for calendar year number 2004 plus a couple of near misses at long odds. It's worth noting perhaps that my F1 success is far better than MotoGP or the V8's. I study F1 more and find it easier to spot early trends.

Rugby union is another favourite sport of mine - alas the punting success has not been there (-18% profit*). Mainly I blame the fact that I continued backing my super12 team (Wellington Hurricanes) despite their ineptness. Really looking forward to this weekends tri-nations clash. Centrebet has Australia with -5.5 start which sounds about right so rather than tossing a coin I'll be staying away from any head to head betting. Maybe a modest bet on halftime/fulltime double with Saf/Aus would be fun - but not necessarily value.

League is somewhat embarrassing with a 42% loss. Don't worry - I'll not be posting my League tips on this forum. Interestingly however I'm coming 3rd (out of 12) in my tipping comp. That doesn't say much for the quality of my tipping comp does it.

Cricket! Now cricket I am happy with (19% profit so far). No big wins really - I've just been fairly consistant. This week I'll be having a punt on the 2nd test in England vs West Indies. I'm looking to back England if odds of $2.15 are available - well, that's what I'm thinking now but I don't think I'll get that so I'll wait till the odds are posted. Also thinking that Lara is about due, but everybody else may be thinking the same thing, so again I'll wait for the odds.

OK, well, that's me. I look forward to improving on my overall 26% loss with you all.

Cheers!

Mofo

* Yes, that is a minus symbol preceeding the number - for shame!!!.
Old 27th July 2004, 07:54 PM

My Sports Betting

NRL - that's a no no for me.

AFL - I enjoy betting on this sport, I also have no passion for this sport and support no teams. So my judgment is never clouded by favourtism etc..

Soccer - I've recently learnt not to bet on European international matches. South American soccer is fine to bet on. As for club football, I'm a big punter of the European leagues.

Tennis - I used to frequently bet on this but I ran into the problem of losing more than winning.

Moto GP - Can be good to bet on at times, not many options though.

F1 - Well this is easy, bet on Schumacher every race. Succeeds almost all of the time.

[ This Message was edited by: czar on 2004-07-27 19:54 ]
Old 27th July 2004, 08:37 PM

i like 2 bet on anything that moves.......
(and they have prices for)

jimmy :wink:
Old 27th July 2004, 09:17 PM
Banned

what about osrtrich and pigeon racing?
:smile: :wink:
Chuck
Old 28th July 2004, 09:09 AM

Quote:
On 2004-07-27 21:17, Chuck_3000 wrote:
what about osrtrich and pigeon racing?
:smile: :wink:
Chuck

lol, never seen odds 4 them, but really im just into the sports with 2 teams or people going head to head,

although soccer is very hard especially with the draw........

jimmy :smile:
Old 28th July 2004, 09:22 AM
Banned

go jimmy go
cheers
Old 28th July 2004, 11:37 AM
Suspended

Quote:
On 2004-07-27 19:09, Mofo wrote:

OK, well, that's me. I look forward to improving on my overall 26% loss with you all.

Gee Mofo,I admire your honesty but holy moly -26% is more than the TAB takes out.
I will do my best to guide you in the error of your ways.Firstly your bouncing the ball in too many activities.I feel really ordinary on the weekdays without AFL football but my bank balance is doing fine.
Do this.Calculate how much it is you invest every week on Sport and apportion the greater amount of this figure on the Sports with the better return.Like cricket.
It basically boils down to "you need to put more on the winners than on the losers".I said this to Mr J one time,and his response was,yeah but you don't know the result until after the event.In your case you have kept records of your more succesful events so they are the ones to buy more shares in.
Any one else I can help,please do not be afraid to ask.
Old 28th July 2004, 12:11 PM
Banned

can ya help me mo ,please mo ya gotta help
cheers
We are the lions the brisbane lions
you make me happy when skies are grey
no 4 is on its way
nobody else is tryin
Old 28th July 2004, 12:21 PM
Suspended

Here is a tip for every one,including you Rabbitz.
Stop watching TV in bed.

Oh you just reminded me Rabbitz.I did make a comment about someone serving it up to Port Power last week,but unfortunately did not correctly diagnose that it was the Vibe talking.
And like Sportznut said,the Lions do have trouble doing to the Swans what they usually do.
Sometimes I just scare myself with how talented I am.
Old 28th July 2004, 01:42 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

Quote:
On 2004-07-28 11:37, moeee wrote:

Gee Mofo,I admire your honesty but holy moly -26% is more than the TAB takes out.
I will do my best to guide you in the error of your ways.Firstly your bouncing the ball in too many activities.I feel really ordinary on the weekdays without AFL football but my bank balance is doing fine.
Do this.Calculate how much it is you invest every week on Sport and apportion the greater amount of this figure on the Sports with the better return.Like cricket.
It basically boils down to "you need to put more on the winners than on the losers".

Cheers Moeee - appreciated. I can't argue with your logic. Yep, yep, yep... -26%, pretty pathetically poor performance - agreed. At times I'm convinced teams I back are cursed. Again, I may be being too honest here, but I backed the Warriors to win the NRL before Rd 1 @ $6.50. Ha ha ha ha ha har... oh dear.

Actually I like chasing big wins with largish multis and backing outsiders. Havn't had a big win yet and if I only count TAB/Centrebet bets with dividend of less than $10 my percentage improves to -9%. So don't dispair too much for me Moeee.