Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th September 2002, 01:17 PM
Banned

dont laugh but the wife wants to know if anyone has a keno system.she loves a game or 2.
Old 25th September 2002, 02:47 PM

:lol:

Sorry - couldn't help myself!

Seriously Keno is a lot like Roulette - in the long run the house will ALWAYS win but there are a few fun "doubling" type systems that will work most days (but in long run you will lose money). Important thing to note is that this should be treated as fun only so always have a loss limit and walk away if you lose that much (also a good idea to have a target and walk away if you win that amount).

Keno rules & payouts vary a bit depending on who is running the game (eg. NSW clubs different from ACT clubs different from VIC clubs, etc). If your version of Keno offers Odds/Evens or High/Low betting then you can bet on these options doubling bet after each loss and reverting to start bet after a win (like the doubling system on Red/Black in roulette). Alternatively you can use a similar system betting a single number (as this usually pays $3 on win you don't need to double after every bet).

Note that KENO odds are worse than Roulette so you are more likely to lose with these systems on Keno than you are with Roulette - that is why they are definitely for fun only and you must stick to your limits.

Important thing is to HAVE FUN and don't get upset if you do lose because it will happen sooner or later!
Old 26th September 2002, 11:55 AM
Banned

thanks becareful.i will let her know your thoughts on the matter but whether she takes a bit of notice is another matter.god dont you just love them.
Old 26th September 2002, 12:41 PM

Here's my keno system.
I'm in the club and pull out a lobster to play keno.
I then remember that $20 can buy me 8 schooners and I say to myself "what is more enjoyable; 8 delicious cold schooners of Black Old or cheering for number 69 like a dill for 25 minutes?"
As the last coldie slides down my gullet I am sure I have made the right choice.
Old 26th September 2002, 01:18 PM

Darkydog,

Yes - I have a wife, 2 daughters and a dog. No prizes for guessing which is the only one who listens to me! :smile:
Old 27th September 2002, 02:07 PM

Hey becareful I can beat that, a wife, 2 daughters (teen & pre-teen) & 2 dogs, both female !!!

HELP
Old 27th September 2002, 02:48 PM

My sympathies Mark! At least our dog is (or was) a male!
Old 1st January 2003, 04:59 PM

Hi, If you gain an understanding of how to apply staking to negative result producing games, such as keno and roulette and learn discipline, your road to success in fertile games such as racing can be assured.

If you look at playing keno , you first need to find which number provides the least edge to the club, that number is playing the 3 spot game.
Now the payoff for the 3 spot is $44 so what first needs to do is look at if when i increase investment when does my profit become exhausted in this game.
The basic staking method is to increase your unit of investment after each loss, this will provide us with the maximum number of plays before we exhaust any chance of recouping our losses the formula you use is 44 times 2 minus 1= 87
87 squared + 87 /2 =3828
so after 87 games i will have invested 3,828 dollars and if i have not won in any of those 87 games its impossible to recoup my loss and show a profit.
Now if i change this strategy to investing 1 unit until the 42 game then add another unit so now i'm investing 2 units , then at the 63 rd game i add another unit and so on I will be able to play 193 games using this simple staking mathod an if i win in one game i will show a profit.
(playing the same numbers in every game)
after the 193 games if i have not had one win my investment would have been a loss of 2,205 ...
The reason i posted this message is to uncover the blinkers to whats possible even in negative producing games.
Think how this may work in a game as roulette where there is a slight human bias, the spinning of the wheel and speed of ball
But imagine how productive it becomes investing in trifectas...

[ This Message was edited by: woof43 on 2003-01-01 18:01 ]
Old 1st January 2003, 08:36 PM
bond007

Whoa...Are we talking Keno as run in clubs by real people taking real balls out or the computer generated ones you see in clubs and TABs?

If people aren't aware, the computer generated Keno games are NOT delivered at the same odds as an 'organic' game. They are programmed along the same lines as a poker machine where there's a set take out (higher for Keno than the pokies, by the way) and a set of high-low parameters that are worked within.

Fundamentally, if it's time to pay (i.e. above the high parameter) then the payout at that time will be increased.

Cheers
John
Old 2nd January 2003, 05:49 PM

Hi John , I hope i wasn't giving the impression that you can develop a system to profit from a negative expectation game.
But there are a number strategies that one can use to extend the number of betting series in the hope of finding a winner.

[ This Message was edited by: woof43 on 2003-01-02 20:40 ]