Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 28th January 2005, 04:30 AM

Smile Greyhound system testing

Over the past few years I have collected a huge amount ( 19,000 races ) of greyhound form data for UK 6 dog races and am beginning to test different systems with it. Its been a hobby up to date but I am taking it a bit more seriously now.

If you have a system and want it tested, list it out precisely with each stage explained clearly and I will test it and private message you with the result. This will benefit me by seeing a new system and you by having your system tested, so we both win. Only systems that can be tested using the sort of form information you normally find on a race card at a meeting or in a newspaper can be checked out.

No c**p systems like the old “if a trap looses six times in a row bet on it to win the seventh”. I have studied statistics at degree level so I can spot a finger in the air system a mile off.

If you prefer not posting your system publicly then private message me your system and I will get back to you. But please bare in mind that I have a day job so testing may take a while.

No I'm not a ******** artist, just a greyhound enthusiast with data to search and test systems until I come across one that works and gets me out of my day job. The back-scratching for testing other punters systems for them, is seeing the system ideas myself.

So testing could be anything from checking the winning ratio of a system right up to working the odds payback verses wagering levels of a system.

Seems fair to me.

PS. I have a huge amount of time invested in my data, so it will not leave my hands easily. I'm sure you understand, so don't ask me for my data.
Free greyhound system testing. Email your system to me at cliftonarms at hotmail dot com with "Greyhound" as the title and I will test it for you on 20,000+ races and email you back the results in confidence. Don’t waste your hard earned cash at the bookies on flawed systems.
Old 28th January 2005, 09:16 AM

hi Cliftonarms

Thats funny you talking about UK doga....found myself having a dabble on them the other night....couple of questions for you....do they have exactas in the UK and are you able to estimate the payout dividend on a winning combo.....also what percentage of favs win and at what price.

Shaun
Old 28th January 2005, 06:23 PM

Shaun

Average Favourite payout = 2.102
Average favourite win rate = 20.34%
Approximate combined forcast return = 1.53 X odds1 X odds2 for each dog

And sorry I do not know about the exactas

Hope this helps
Free greyhound system testing. Email your system to me at cliftonarms at hotmail dot com with "Greyhound" as the title and I will test it for you on 20,000+ races and email you back the results in confidence. Don’t waste your hard earned cash at the bookies on flawed systems.
Old 28th January 2005, 06:53 PM

Faves in the UK only have a 20% s/r @ 10/9 in a 6 dog field? Thats worse than the pokies.
Old 28th January 2005, 07:39 PM

Hi All,
2 weeks ago I tipped a dishlicker on the forum, it won by 4 lengths.

The dog belongs to a close friend, the dog was racing again this week at Gosford, my friend drove up to Gosford to have $2000 on it, bookies and tote, because the fleas won't have a go.

He was to ring me whether to bet it or not, when He checked the weights the dog (bitch) was .4 of a kilo over her winning weight.

He did not back it.

It ran 3rd.

To be constantly successfull at the dishlickers You HAVE to know it's best winning weight, regardless of what the poster that sounds like a moustache says about all my crap.

Also to the moustache the trainer I mentioned a while ago about being suspended, and you bagged me,and that I didn't know what I was talking about, check the trainers on Sydney races and see if you see the name.

1000/1 you don't.

Cheers
Old 28th January 2005, 07:50 PM
Banned

How do you find out the dogs winning weight?

Benny
Old 28th January 2005, 07:53 PM

Check it's previous form, BUT then you have to be at the track to check it.
Old 28th January 2005, 08:06 PM

Default Racing weights

The racing weights are posted on the internet at the GRV site prior to every Victorian meeting commencing, as they are weighed they are entered into the system an displayed at the above web site.
Old 28th January 2005, 08:37 PM

Default woof23

Is there anything the same in NSW
Old 28th January 2005, 10:08 PM

20% win rate at 10/9....can't see it myself.