Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd November 2005, 03:56 PM

Default Australia vs. Uruguay

Less than two weeks out, TABSportsbet has Australia at $2.45 and Uruguay at $1.50. It has been reported that Uruguay's top 2 goalkeepers are both suffering injuries, a key defender is suspended for the first leg, and one of the midfielders is also carrying an injury.

I think that Australia are value at that price, however I have a strong emotional attachment to the cause of World Cup Qualification, and I worry that maybe this is affecting my judgement. I am thinking about putting a fairly large wager on the Socceroos (for my standards anyway), and was hoping that somebody with a more neutral perspective, possibly even somebody who is somewhat of a professional, could post their thoughts.

Thanks
Old 3rd November 2005, 06:59 PM

TAB sportsbet has the option with draw

Uruguay $1.60
Draw $3.50
Australia $5

I have been given a tip to back Australia,because of the quality of the coach they have as well as the way they played Jamaica with the quality ball control.
Old 3rd November 2005, 08:30 PM

Uruguay are very hard to beat at home.

Here is there last few starts at home LWWWLLWWDW
Here are their wins away from home LWDWLDWDDL

Australias home form is WWDDWWWLLW
Australias away form is LLLWLDWDLW

If you compare the Away form of Australia with the Uraguay home form it appears that Australia could find the game hard going.

BUT without a recognised Goalie this is going to give Australia are much better rating.

Uraguays rating on bet devil is 1304 Australias is 1335.

As an objective view point the bet is very good. We take a neutral rating (bet devil) and it shows Australia should be the better team. I believe taking away the top 2 goalies available to Uraguay is going to a tremedous boost to Australia.

Can Australia win ? Well personally no I don't think so, But I do think the most likely outcome now is a draw. I would take a bet on a draw hopefully 1-1 or an Australian win 1-0 or 2-1. You can't take Urugauy as a serious bet as the Goalie is unproven.

I hae no confidence is any advice I give as I don't follow soccer much .. but thought I would post the bet devil ratings for you.

Good Luck.
Old 7th November 2005, 05:15 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmip1
Uraguays rating on bet devil is 1304 Australias is 1335.

Can you explain these ratings, please???
Old 7th November 2005, 08:49 PM

Default ratings

Sportz,

I just ripped the numbers from the bet devil web site ... as far as how accurate they are and how they are measured I don't know.

I just provided them for mecurial as he wanted some neutral ratings

Take a look at the web site betdevil dot com and you might find your answer.
Old 11th November 2005, 07:08 PM

id be interested in what u ratings are sportz
u seem to be doing pretty well with the epl
Old 11th November 2005, 07:35 PM

Punta,

Sorry mate, I haven't done any ratings for this as it's just too hard. Australia's been playing against inferior teams to what Uruguay has and it's just too difficult to line the two teams up.

If you want my personal opinion though, I think Uruguay will probably qualify. Purely on ability, I have no doubt that Australia SHOULD be in the World Cup finals, but we always fall short every time it comes to this point and unfortunately I think it will happen again. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

By the way, this tipping site picks Uruguay to win both legs 2-0.
http://www.soccerwinners.com/matchinternational.html
I don't know that they'll be THAT dominant.
Old 11th November 2005, 10:27 PM

Australia to win first leg. If they dont win I think they will score which should be enough to get them there. Ill be having a good go at the 5.50 offered...
Go AUSSIES, Show the world we need to be taken more seriously..
Old 13th November 2005, 10:09 AM

Turned out pretty much as I expected. We played okay, but when it comes to important matches against top teams, we just don't seem to be able to get the ball in the net. And that is after all the most important part of the game.

I couldn't believe the commentators were happy with 0-1. Sure, it's certainly better than 0-2, but if Uruguay score in Sydney, we have to get 3!!!
Old 13th November 2005, 11:59 AM

I thought we played well. A little bit of luck in the first half and it would of been a different story. The free kick that they scored from was DEFINATELY not a free kick, if anything it should of been a free to the aussies. Im still spewin it was paid, very costly mistake there. Viduka's off side called on him was very doubtful, there didnt appear to be any camera that could line it up, and overall i thought a draw would've been a fair result in the context of the game. Nerve racking wait until wednesday now, its almost enough to throuw the boots back on....